Thursday, July 31, 2008

A great find and another new recipe!

So, I have been having the urge to go to Goodwill after seeing so many blogger friends find some great trash to treasure stuff! I didn't find much...LOL. But I did get the little wooden basket above (It has pineapples on the sides....faded and country). I bought the ivy at Walmart and voila! Not a major T2T project...but I still like it!!! :)

And I got brave. Sometimes when you only see people's houses in perfect condition in pics, it gives the reader a false sense of perfection! (at least for me, when I see some blogs and the houses look perfecto!) So...I thought I would let you all see my kitchen...not perfect! LOL My island has papers in piles....I have clean dishes in the rack in my sink that need put away and all my bean jars have been washed and need taken down to the basement (a job I am hoping my hubby will do...I hate going to the basement...ick!) And....of course, my cat in the window. He is outside...and he sits there when the windows are open and hangs with me while I cook and clean! LOL So, if you were to stop by my house at any given time...my kitchen would look similar to this...I do keep up with the dishes so that is good...but the island is always a mess! :(

OH...and next...I have to share with you another new recipe I tried! It is from the Kraft Magazine again...(I LOVE that magazine and it's FREE!). It is called Cheesy Volcano Meatballs! Chris and the kids LOVED them! Here is a pic just after preparing them:

And then all finished with a side of fries!

Not a difficult recipe at all...and like I said, a big hit with the family! You can even put them on buns and use more sauce. I just let everyone eat them on the plate plane though..and they were still loved!! If you would like the recipe for this...you can go HERE!

I have totally LOVED reading all your comments about our homeschooling and also about eating at the dinner table!!! Thank you so much for all of them!!! I hope you all have a GREAT day! (Today is weigh in day for me!!! I am hoping for a good loss this week!)

16 comments:

  1. Katy, I don't think I posted about your table and home schooling...we try to eat at the table, but lately that's been a lost cause...I'm hoping the fall will change that!
    As for home-schooling...I just know you are going to be fantastic at it!!
    Ah ha.......thanks for posting the photo of your kitchen as it usually is (unfortunately that is still neater than mine..LOL)...but I was thinking geesh...what is wrong with me...everyone on these blogs have such neat kitchens...and MINE...UGH!
    Those meatballs look good...I must go check out the recipe.....
    Take care
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the false impression. My kitchen is always a mess but I don't want anyone to know that. Last night my neat freak neighbor rang the door bell. My husband let him in and the house was a wreck! I was so embarrassed but I guess if were gonna be friends he will know the truth eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? You kitchen looks awesome to me! You do LIVE there right? I love everything about your kitchen, right down to your spatterware dishes! How cute are they?
    Everyone's kitchen (and the rest of the house) gets a bit messed up at times. The important thing is that you are enjoying your family, providing for them, and you STILL keeping everything nice and clean! You rock!
    Why are we always our own worst critics? I find myself doing the same thing at times.
    You have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy,

    I *love* your pretty red kitchen! (and if that island's messy then you don't want to see my desk right now!)

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :)

    ♥ Melissa~
    Pink Paper Peppermints

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoohoo! I'm going to definately try that delicious, 100% atkins-proof recipe for meatballs! :D

    Thanks!! :)

    greetings from holland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That recipe looks easy and yummy! I will have to try that one. There's always dishes to be washed at my home. Seems like when you get the kitchen all clean, it gets dirty in a matter of minutes when you have kids. Gotta love it though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Kraft Food and Family magazines! Lots of great ideas :)

    Your kitchen is NOT messy :) Mine is like that most of the time (add in a few paint cans because I'm always painting something at the moment! LOL) but that's not messy. Messy is just stuff everywhere...like dirty dishes and papers and things from all over the house and crud. :) What you have is normal! :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute kitchen!! Thanks for sharing--you're right though, we all need to take the photo of the lived-in space, it seems more real!! The recipe looks grand!! Have a great day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm those sound good! Thanks for the recipe link, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Katy, it is so wonderful to meet you! Thank you for stopping by for a visit! I have entered you in my giveaway & wish you the best of luck!!...I have been so enjoying your darling site!! You have an adorable kitchen!!!....but then again I LOVE "Cozy Country Kitchens"...they make cooking & eating just that much better!...And I LOVE seeing a table set for dinner! I have gotten a bit lazy in that department with Summer & all, but need to go back to the table soon! When I was little my mother, would always have the table set, with flowers, tablecloth, etc. What a great example that was!...Thank you again for coming over from Holly's blog!...isn't hers wonderful!...You have a great day!..I will be back to visit often!....Heidi XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the never ending pile of stuff on my kitchen counter. It seems to be our catch all spot. Oh well, I would rather have a home with the loved in, lived in look then a perfect cold house.

    The meatballs look great. Hubby would love those!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Katy! I just had to say...our kitchen islands aren't twins but they could be sisters! ;) I posted finally again...with pics of our strawberries. Also wanted to mention to you...my homemaking blog is now my main blog, so I'm hoping to post more there. Posting there's been very lean this summer. :( See you soon, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katy!!! That recipe looks so good that is definitely one I will try for my hubby!! He loves meatball subs so this would be great!! And your kitchen is far from messy girlfriend it looks very homey and inviting and your cat visiting you through the window is so adorable!!! Good luck with weigh in and have a great day!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post katy!!It`s so freeing to be real isn`t it?That recipe looks very good too.I think I`ll make it tonight if I have all the ingredients have a package of ground beef out but have no idea what we`re going to do with it yet:)I love that kraft magazine.Lots of good and easy recipes:)Have a wonderful day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Funny you just posted this picture. I was just talking about how we really live in our houses. I know my pics don't always show the real deal. Mine sink looks like sometimes and I don't even have any kids at home. Sometimes I think hubby tries to make up for them! LOL

    I couldn't agree more about sitting down as a family to dinner. There has never been or ever will be a TV anywhere near the kichen or dining room table in my home. My kids still like to come home for dinner and some of our best conversations have taken place at the table.

    How sweet Chris can do the siding for you. One day you will look back and see it all done and what a nice day that will be.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy