Monday, July 21, 2008

A few of my favorite things ~

Charlotte's Web is such a great book! I just love it...although it makes me cry! LOL My brother in law is a teacher and had a few copies and gave them to me. I plan on reading this with Madelyn. I will read it to her and she can follow along in her copy of the book. Madelyn is doing very well at her reading....but I want to be able to read to her as well...and let her follow along and picture everything! So we will be starting this book soon!

Below are a couple pics from Chris and my wedding. Me on the left and a pic of Chris and his brother on the right. We had such a fabulous wedding and reception. It is by FAR one of my most favorite things; as is that handsome man all the way to the right ;) !

My mom bought me this pitcher below. It's a milk pitcher. You know me and my love for chickens and chicken decor. Isn't this chicken pitcher just toooo cute? I have it on display in my kitchen...(Yes...that is my ugly garage in the background. LOL We will finish redoing the house, though, before we ever think about redoing the garage! haha!)

This is a wooden plate, also on display in my kitchen. I LOVE the sheep on it...and isn't the saying wonderful???
And last...but certainly not least...my kiddos are definitely one of my favorite things! This is a pic of them this morning! Notice back on the right window sill....are name blocks from Kindra! I bought them from her etsy shop!
And please...take a look at my braided rug! Look how horribly stained up it looks?? I don't know why?? Sure..the kids have spilled on it but I always try to clean it and it doesn't look that dreadful in real life..? Anyone have any suggestions on how to take all that totally out? :(


I hope you all have had a fantastic weekend and have a wonderful week ahead! xoxo

12 comments:

  1. I love Charlott's Web too. In fact, yesterday there was a spider outside making a web and my sister wanted to knock it down. I wouldn't let her. I said "That's Charlott's home".

    This is my first time visiting your blog so I took a few mins to read your past posts.

    I just wanted to say that you seem like such a wonderful loving mommy!

    Your children are darling and you can see the love in their eyes. Good job!

    Big hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post Katy!!!
    I like all your favourite things!!
    Have a great day my friend.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are so very cute. I dont know about stains , I use a non toxic cleaner called Folex. I by it at my IGA. I dont know what you have where you are, but you might be ablt to ask for it at a Walmart or something. It takes most everything right up.
    Tonights my WI, wish me luck, please!!!
    Have a great Monday,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your plate, driving home from church yesterday the twins were explaining how momy and daddy are like their shepherds and God is the shepherd of all of us!! So awesome to hear them talk like that-major blessing!
    Have a great week!
    Blessins'
    Shayne Louree

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some beatuful children and I know they are one of your favoriate things, mine are too, I just decided to stop through and visit after I left Kelli site at no place like home, please stop in and visit sometime at www.organizedhomemakingforchrist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list of favs! I love the chicken pitcher! Charlott's Web is one of my most favorite books and I had to have the movie as soon as it was released.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute room. You have some really neat pieces. Like the new look and picture!!
    Amy is fun to go shopping with. We have an antique market every third weekend that is a neat place. She always finds great deals.
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the picture of your kids!! How cute. On the rug, it's prim! Just say it's tea stained on purpose or something LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sure are some terrific favorites, Katy!

    Charlotte's Web is always a good read! I remember that my 2nd grade teacher read it to the class each day for a few weeks -- and she bawled at the end. And the entire class of 7 year olds cried right along with her.

    Your new "look" is darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kady, I love your new look and your wedding pic are great. You both look so young and you look very beautiful. I had a rug that size and I took it outside and hung it on the fence and sprayed cleaner on it let it set,and hosed it down really good and just let it dry on the fence that might work. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so gorgeous in your wedding pics! I don't have any suggestions about the stains, I can't seem to get them out of my carpet either. They disappear and then they show back up later. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh, I am sooo jealous of the pitcher, Katy!!!
    If I ever come over to your house for coffee, that little piece might go missing! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy