Saturday, July 19, 2008

Apple Pie!

So, my cousin, Zach, graduated from high school (through homeschooling!) and today is his graduation party! He is not a big fan of cake....he said he would rather have pie....so my aunt asked numerous family members if we would each make a pie (of our own choosing) to bring to the graduation party. I said SURE! I think it's fun to make pie...although not really on HOT days...but oh well! The worse thing about it all is that I won't even get to eat a piece of it...LOL...I think it would be way too many points!
The recipe I use to make my apple pies is simply the one from the Betty Crocker Cookbook that I have! I don't know how many various recipes there are for apple pie...but that's the only one I have ever used. However....LOL...I don't measure. I just dump in about what it asks for ...I figured a lil extra sugar makes it even better...don't you? Oh....and if you want some coupons from Betty Crocker....you can go HERE!

And this is a pic of an enamelware jar my aunt got me yesterday! Isn't it great? She knew how much I love enamelware and saw it and got it for me...(and the kids..haha). I haven't filled it with treats yet..but when I do, it will probably have to be kept up on the fridge cuz my kiddos have a habit of taking food...especially the "treat" kind....without asking! :) The lid doesn't fit it perfectly...but I think that is part of it's charm. That is one thing I love about the country/prim style of decorating...nothing has to be perfect! It's actually better when it isn't perfect! Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend and are staying cool! xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish that pie was 0 points ! I do however have some really cool recipes for low point desserts, maybe I should dig into them !!
    Have a great weekend,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH the pie looks so yummy - I am so glad you are too far away for me to dig in! LOL I will have to be happy with a apple pie yogurt now.

    I hope the graduation party was a blat. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, that is one good looking pie! I think I just drooled! LOL

    I am a big fan of enamelware too. It is so quaint. What a nice aunt you have.

    Smiles, Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT is one good lookin' pie, Katy!!!!!! I'm sure whoever dug into that was one happy camper, for sure!!!!!

    And I LOVE the enamelware! If I had to choose between the two, I'd take the enamelware this time!!!!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy,
    Oh that pie looks so good!!! Just beautiful looking too, I bet they loved it!
    Love that enamelware...
    Thanks for visiting and good luck on the homeschooling, around here we don't homeschool, in fact I know of no one that does...funny.
    *Rondell*

    ReplyDelete
  6. cory said that the pie was really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the Kid Treats jar that is just way too cool :)

    And the apple pie..what can I say? My hips are screaming for some but I'm being brave and saying no LOL

    Have a great weekend,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pie looks yummy!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy, I have some very important information for Cora on how she can get some help with her cancer treatment. I left a comment on her last post but there are so many comments that I don't know if she will see it. If you know how to get in touch with her please have her email me at teri.calhoun@gmail.com or
    check out my comments on her post 2 days ago about her family helping her pay for her meds. Thanks. Love your site. Will look at it more closely later. Right now I have to get Cora's attention. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!
    Love the enamelware treat jar and your pie looks totally PERFECT! Good job on your weightloss....that's great! Would you like to exchange blog links??

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a perfect looking pie!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy