Monday, March 31, 2008

Peace


"Jesus said 'Come to me, all you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.'" ~Matthew 11:28
Sometimes life seems too busy and overwhelming. Sometimes there seems to be too much for us to handle. We feel stressed, maxxed out and tired. Ever have one of those days? Or maybe you have those days often...? I felt I needed to share these verses of rest and peace from our Lord. With all the trials and temptations thrown our way...sometimes we feel as though we are trying to carry the weight of the world. Want to know why it is too much for us? Because we weren't designed to carry these burdens ourselves. Our beautiful and wonderful Creator says He will carry these for us...we just need to release them and trust Him.
"Give your burdens to the Lord, and He will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall." ~Psalm 55:22
Give them up....today....right now. Lay those burdens down at the foot of the cross. He knows what you are going through...he is just waiting for you to release it. Let Him care for you. I feel this was layed on my heart to share with you all today. I hope it gives someone reassurance and proof of Christ's love and care for them. I plan on continuing my study on proverbs. I have left it go too long. I hope you will follow along with me!!! xoxo Happy Monday!

8 comments:

  1. i needed to hear this today--thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the excellent passages!What great reminders!Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Inspiration Katy, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Katy. It makes me think of the old hymn, "Just a little talk with Jesus makes it right!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what the doctor ordered... thanks... Stop by my web journal again some tie....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much. I really needed to hear this. Something happened to our family over a week ago and I've been going crazy worrying how we'll make ends meet. These are just the words I needed to hear. Thank you for letting God use you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really needed to hear this today Katy....thank you SO much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus! Even when my world is turning upside down, He is my constant. Beautifully written!

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy