Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sewing Plans


So, I am going to start sewing!!! I am soo excited! A few people have asked me what I plan on sewing first...so I thought I would show you. I am going to make the shirt the girl is wearing in the pattern below and I am going to use the flower fabric I have beside it there! Don't you think that will be so cute? I am going to wash the fabric and then my mom and I are going to work on it. I am going to do it all..but I want her to be here for guidance!

THEN...my mom got me this cute bee fabric!!! I absolutely love it. I have a TON of it too!!! WOOT! I would like to maybe make a dress for my daughter and maybe a purse/tote bag for me! But that is once I start sewing well enough!! LOL

And then...just for fun...a pic of my boys this morning. They are so silly...LOL.

So those are my sewing plans to begin with. I am just sooo excited to actually start. We have been super busy lately though so I haven't had the time. I am hoping after Easter that I can start!! Do you all sew? I know some of you do! I would love to know what you are working on and when you first started sewing...what did you start with? Did anyone help you?

Hope you all have a very blessed Thursday!!! xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to see your creations!!! I would LOVE to learn to sew, maybe in the next few months during my jewelry break I can play a little :) I wish I could make the girls matching skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I popped over here from Fraker farm! Are you learning to sew? How fun! And with your mom is even better! That blouse will look lovely in that flowery fabric...can't wait to see!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shirt is gonna be too cute love the fabric, love that bee fabric also. Your boys are too sweet. Thanks for the smile today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,I think it`s wonderful that your mom is kind enough to help you!I can`t waite to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy, I love that pattern, and it will look SO nice on your daughter!!

    You will have to show us progress pictures when you start!!

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not know how to sew - I hope to learn this year. I would love to be able to make cute things. I think those patterns you have are adorable - that shirt for your daughter will be great and I LOVE the bees. I think I need to start doing little projects until I learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to learn to sew! You'll have to keep us updated on how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That fabric just screams "spring," Katy! Everything will be adorable. My mom is a sewing expert and I hope to get much better...someday. Glad you and your mom can share some special time making clothes (and memories too). Keep us posted.

    Your boys are darlin'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun! I always wanted a little girl to sew for but God had different plans.....so nice to sew with your mom too...please let us see your creation when its finished..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes on your sewing projects. Sewing seems to be one of those things you either love or hate.....hope you love it!! :-) Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just sooo excited for you, Katy. I think you'll love sewing. It is such a nice way to express yourself and make pretty things for your home and folks you love!

    Wonderful fabric choices. Is the little bee fabric a Mary Engelbreit design? So cute.

    I can hardly wait to see what you come up with!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go for it! Sewing is good for you and your budget. :)

    I started sewing with my Mom when I was a little girl. My parents bought me my machine in high school as a Christmas present.

    It's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are cute fabbies!! Can't wait to see the products of your sewing machine.

    I'm not sewing anything currently - my sewing machine is still packed from when we moved here 2 years ago. I learned to sew when I was about 5 or 6 - my grandma taught me and the first thing I made was a skirt.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy