Monday, March 17, 2008

We lost one of our girls......

Look at her....laying in the driveway...blood and feathers all over *sob*. I know it's just a chicken....but I am still soo incredibly sad. She is the only one that had a name...Dipstick. I know...silly name, huh? But she was so silly. She would fly the coop and at night..she wouldn't go in the coop...she wanted to sleep at the top of a small wooden post...it was crazy! Poor girl...I am bummed.
She is still laying in the driveway. I can't bear to move her. Chris will have to do it when he gets home. I think our cat, Jack...who used to be an inside cat till he couldn't seem to control his bladder..(YUCK)...he is now an outside cat...;o) well...I assume he is the one that got her. Looks like she put up quite a fight. I am bummed. (i know, i keep saying that...but i really am!) Just wanted to share.

10 comments:

  1. AWWW Katy...so sorry! It doesn't matter what animal it is, they are all part of our little families, aren't they?

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeeeew!! you actually posted a pic of the dead dipstick!? yuck! you could've maybe just stuck with the feathers! LOL! ok--seriously though.. that stinks... jack is just horrible!! yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ::hugs:: I'm sorry about your little chicken! I always thought would be the hardest part of farm life for me to deal with, losing animals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, Katy.... I hate when that happens! :(
    We lost one of our girls just last week... one minute she was there, and then she was gone and all I found was a little pile of feathers... we think it was a fox. I'm so sorry- I know how you feel!
    ((((BIG hug))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo...so sorry about the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very sad Katy!! I am so sorry you had to wake up to that.
    Hugs,
    Jeannene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Katy, I am sorry to hear that. Poor little thing...bless his heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Katy! I am so sorry that you lost your sweet Dipstick! She sounds like she was a very special girl to you. My heart is so sad for you...

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry Katy. It doesn't matter that it she was a chicken. I cried when I lost my rooster, Joseph. I am so sad for you and Dipstick. (I think its a cute name!)

    Warm hugs,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just revisited the picture of you poor dead chicken. It does suck. Are you getting any more this year?
    I am only down to 8 so I'm definitely getting more.
    My favorite one won't get off her nest. I'm hoping she is just brooding, but I'm worried about her. I hope she does not die too.
    The good thing about it, is I can pick her up and pet her ;)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy