Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ways to GLOW

So, in thinking about how the Amish used the word JOY as an acronym, I decided maybe we could make GLOW into something similar. This is what I came up with:

Giving
Lights
Our
World


I think that sums it up. Giving of ourselves is a way to light up the world for Jesus! So...how can we do this? A few ideas I have come up with (and have as well as plan on implementing) are:

~ Sending letters/cards
~ Sending emails
~ Baking for our neighbors or people who don't bake for themselves
~ Shoveling snow/raking leaves/weeding gardens
~ Cooking a meal for a family with someone who is ill or just had a baby
~ Pray with someone
~ Sew/knit/create something for someone just to put a smile on their face
~ Just sit and talk with someone...sometimes people just need someone to listen


That is my list so far. I 100% plan on doing these things and starting up our young women's fellowship to do it as well. I totally plan on brightening days, putting smiles on faces and making as many people as possible feel loved by Jesus and us women who serve Him! As I do things, I will document it and try to share it with you! :)

I would love to hear any other ideas you all have. I want a variety of things so everyone who wants to GLOW can participate! Thanks so much in advance for any ideas you girls offer up! Blessings!

EDITED TO ADD:

Look at the beautiful button my friend, Mandie, made for me!!! Isn't it AWESOME??

Photobucket





Thank you so much Mandie!!! I love it! If you haven't yet...you totally need to check out her BLOG! It is fantastic!!!! Also...feel free to snag the button if you want to add it to a post or your blog somewhere!

9 comments:

  1. Morning Katy!

    I have something for you, but I can't find your e-mail contact..

    Send me a quick Hi to mandie@hollyberrycorner.com.

    I love your blog, sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again :) LOL

    Hop over to my blog a sec, I made something for you...Nevermind on the e-mail :P

    Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You surly are Glowing in God's Love Katy, that is so great of you. Those are all goals we can all try to live by and to do this year. And truly make a difference.

    Love,
    Jeannene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,
    This sounds like a really good idea!! Are you going to start a little group doing this online together? Maybe a group that would do these things and then share what the experience meant to us and others?

    Hugs,
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for these inspirational ideas! I'm going to start putting some of these into practice this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love coming to your blog! I always feel inspired after reading it. I love hearing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe for the fellowship group--you could have people bring blank cards and scrapbooking/craft stuff to MAKE cards to send out...???

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy