Saturday, January 26, 2008

Her First Sleepover!

M had her first sleepover last night at a friend's house. OK...not her FIRST sleepover because she has had lots of sleepovers at my parents' or my inlaws' houses etc. But this was her very first sleepover at a friend's house! We know and trust the parents...so we were totally good with it...but I was nervous that once night time fell...she would get scared not being somewhere familiar. But we never got a call last night so...I guess she is doing fine. I am going to pick her up later this afternoon. I look forward to hearing how it went....building forts, playing dolls, giggling and such. Oh the fun of being little again!
I am almost in tears though at the thought that my sweet baby girl is now 6 (and a HALF) and in school and having sleepovers. The time just flew by it seems. My boys are growing so fast too. You know, when I was a kid...the time seemed to drag on. LOL I felt like I was going to be a kid forever! But watching childhood from this vantage point makes it seem like it goes in the blink of an eye! I am really cherishing my children's young years! :)

OH~ Great grandma is all moved in to the home across the street and we went and visited with her. I reassured her that I am right across the street if she ever needs me. I will be visiting her often. I didn't stay long yesterday though because I had little J with me and there were other people there with her as well...and it just seemed to be really overwhelming for her....so I will go again here soon. Thanks so much for all the well wishes and shared happiness with me! :)

6 comments:

  1. My oldest turns 5 in April... hard to believe she'll soon be old enough for sleepovers, too!

    Thanks for your prayers re: my grandma & mom. I work two days a week in a nursing home, so it's not so hard on me, but my mom is really having a hard time.

    I hope your Great Grandma adjusts quickly and gets great care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the days of building forts!! I can't wait til I have little ones of my own to play with.=)

    This is Steph with Moonpie Designs - I tried to find an email for you but I was unsuccessful. I would LOVE to do matching aprons for you and your daughter. Just email me at
    moonpie(dot)designs(at)yahoo(dot)com and we'll chat>

    Thanks for checking out my blog!! How did you hear about/find me?

    Your little country blog is adorable. I grew up raising chickens so it makes me feel right at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope th sleepover went well for her! i'll ask her all about it when i see her today. lol.

    hey--i got a pack of 60 cards on sale. they are different colors and all have envelopes for the GLOW FROM YOUR HOME small group thingy. just wanted to let ya know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have talked about Eve having a sleepover with one of her best friend. Makes my heart twinge just a little.

    Hope your daughter had a wonderful time! I remember sleepovers very fondly... so much fun!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good plan. Older teaching the younger. The fellowship and food is always fun too!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Looks like Mandie's graphics fit well with your theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how fun! I, too, look forward to Amelia getting old enough for slumber parties.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy