Monday, January 28, 2008

Dave Ramsey

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24

"People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." 1 Timothy 6:9-10


Have you heard of Financial Peace University? It is hosted by Dave Ramsey. It is a 13 week course set up to get you out of debt (it is a GREAT course even if you don't have any debt though). It teaches you how to manage your money in a way that is pleasing to God. HERE is an overview of the 13 lessons (one a week). We just finished up our 13th class last evening at our church. It was awesome. Of all the lessons...the last one is my favorite.

Everything we have belongs to God....we are to be good stewards of the things (and money) we are given or earn. We shouldn't be in debt. We shouldn't be needing a ton of material things. Financial hardships are one of the biggest reasons that couples get divorced. Being on the road to fiancial freedom can not only bring peace for you financially...but it can save your marriage as well. What a blessing! I encourage EVERYONE to check this program out. My husband and I weren't even in a lot of debt...but we learned sooo much from this program! I am telling you that it will change you! If you want to be pleasing to God...make sure you are handling His money and things correctly. This course will bless you. I guarantee it.

If you have any questions...please feel free to ask me! :) Also....if you have already taken this course, i would LOVE to hear your experience with it!



"Then [Jesus] said to them, 'Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.'" Luke 12:15

"I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of contentment in every situation, whether it be a full stomach or hunger, plenty or want; for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power." Philippians 4:12-13

5 comments:

  1. "What a wonderful Course to take," especially when we just started a "New Year!"

    I know of a lot of great Finical speakers that really try to help people out of this pain and suffering of debt. But the best by far is a Christian One" I agree!

    Thank you Katy for posting this, and your comment on my ATC's, "You should try it..it is really fun to do!"

    Love,
    Jeannene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of this course - only great things too! Maybe someday it will be offered at the church we attend. We don't have any debt other than our van but it is always good to learn new ways of approaching money.

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going through this in Church too. I just saw Dave Ramsey on t.v. for the first time the other night. My dh has always been thrifty & me too but I really think in the next 5 yrs we will be where we want in life & debt free.
    I love your blog ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Total Money Makeover last year. Our goal for the year is to work on becoming debt free. We are carrying some debt from the adoption of our daughter. I imagine it would be such a relief to carry no debt, not even a mortgage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Dave Ramsey, too. I have never gone through the FPU course, though. Everything I have ever heard about it has been great.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy