Sunday, January 6, 2008

Too much of a good thing?

So, as some of my faithful readers know, I am a fan of Mary Engelbreit stuff! I just love her art! It is so fun, creative and cute! Along with a lot of her artwork comes different quotes....and this is one of my favorites:

"Too much of a good thing is WONDERFUL!" ~Mae West

Of course, everytime i read this quote...i always think about how wonderful unlimited quantities of icecream would be! LOL Not so good for the waistline though. Then I decided to think about this spiritually. The only true good thing in this world is our Lord Jesus. His love for us, his sacrifice and his care for us. Too much of Him is never enough. Too much of him is wonderful! How truly blessed and loved are we that our God loved us sooo much that He gave His son for us....and Jesus died to save us that we may live eternally with Him in Heaven. What a wonderful Father we have! So....if I change that quote around a bit with how I see this quote spiritually....it would say:

"Too much of Jesus is Eternal!" ~Katy

Amen?
Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday! I am grateful for everyone I have met and will meet in blogland!!! xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Amen Katy!!!

    I love Mary Engelbreit's Art too!

    :-) Linda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy, I love your spin on the ME quote. I just found your blog tonight and wanted to stop by and say hello.
    Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that Amen!
    Have a great week Katy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, I totally agree, great reworking of the quote! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy