Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Our first young women's fellowship meeting...

Well...I am thinking the YWF (Young Women's Fellowship) idea that I had talked about in THIS post is a go!!! :) I am so excited. I have so many ideas swirling around in my head. I was thinking about doing a pink/brown theme for our first meeting in February. (I hope i can get this all together by then...LOL) I got my latest issue of Country Living Magazine and on the cover were chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting....PERFECT! So I plan on making those....and maybe trying to find some cheap fabric to use for table cloths. I need lots more ideas.....so if you have any...please let me know. The only thing is that I think I will be paying for stuff out of my pocket...so i am trying to be as frugal and simple as possible while still making it super nice and creative...know what i mean?
As my sister had suggested, I may get a bunch of blank cards and we can all sit around and decorate them to send to people who are going through trials right now in there lives. Or...this meeting may just be an ice breaker type of meeting cuz not everyone in our age group really knows everyone else....and i want everyone to feel comfortable and enjoy it. So...again..any ideas you have..please throw them at me and thank you in advance! :)

OH...and just have to throw this in...i redesigned my sister's blog for her. It isn't perfect...but I think it totally suits her and is cute! If you have time...check it out and let me know what you think!!! Also...take a look at the mittens she makes..she has an etsy shop! They are AWESOME! :) Hope you all have a GREAT day!!!

6 comments:

  1. first--u should win the give-away on Kerri's blog since everyone is finding out about it from you! lol!!
    second-- why not have the gals bring their own blank cards and a few decorations to share. that way its not all out of your pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea, I hope you are able to go through with it. Can't wait to hear all about it :)

    I like your sister's idea about the cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! For your tables I would suggest that you start with a neutral fabric for your table cloths. Something that you can reuse each time. You could then us smaller pieces of fabric to us as runners, toppers or such to go with your theme or seasons. That way the bulk of you fabric money could go for something that can be reused again and again. This sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME ideas!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i added a post to my etsy shop! i decided to give 10% of whatever i sell to chris's mission trip. I know it might not be a ton... but every little bit helps.... and i hope to post a lot more stuff!!! hope that is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks devon!!! That is awesome! I will make a post about the mission trip soon and also about your contribution!!! Thank you soooo much! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy