Thursday, January 24, 2008

An Answer To Prayer!

My Great Grandmother (who is 93) was in a small care home that extended family owns. (So extended...I don't even know them...LOL) My sister has a pic of Grandma HERE. Well, this small care home was far away from all of us....making it hard to go visit her. (And we all LOVE her sooo much!) Our neighbors have a small personal care home right across the street from us. We love our neighbors. They are wonderful and their care home is GREAT! Well, they had an extra room and after much praying and convincing her son (my grandpa) that she needs to be up here closer to all of us...she is being moved!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOO! I am sooo happy!

She will be moving at the first of the month! I can't wait. She hasn't been eating while there and other stuff...and now, she will have visitors constantly and I bet she will eat....now that people who love her can be around her etc.
Another WONDERFUL thing about this is that it is a GREAT way to GLOW from my home! I plan on cooking/baking and taking it over to the ladies who are all there in the care home across the street. Visiting with grandma and all the other ladies will be so wonderful! I should already be going over now...even though grandma isn't there yet....just to show the other ladies some care and love in Christ! Just listening to their stories and things they want to talk about can really show them that you care! If you go to Monica's BLOG she talks about listening to people's stories!
I am so excited to use this as a way to GLOW for Christ! :) I want to encourage everyone who reads this to go to a care home near you somewhere....get to know the people. I know some of them are very lonely and just want to feel loved and cared about. What a great way to radiate Christ's love to those around us!

10 comments:

  1. That is so great she can move close to you! My grandma was 93 when she died a few years ago and her and my grandpa were in a home, as well. I visited ALL the time. Life must just be so lonely there for them. There were residents who NEVER got visitors, even on holidays. I felt so bad. I would bring everyone stuff to eat not just grandma and grandpa. Thanks for sharing this story xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful Katy! You'll have so much fun with her being so close & yes a perfect way for you to GLOW=)
    Hugs,
    Court

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome for all of you. I bet being closer to family will make a huge difference for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great news! It is so neat that you still have your great grandma...I do too! Mine is 107! Hopefully she starts doing better with you right across the way, with all your good cooking I can't imagine that she wouldn't want to start eating. :) The other residents will get a thrill out of seeing the children so often as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just wonderful Katy, I wish I had my greatgrandma still around, she taught me everything I know about cooking and being a mother and wife...I miss her terribly.

    I'm truly happy for you :)

    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeehaw--grandma is coming to town TOMORROW! (mom called and told me)... I AM EXCITED!!! I actually cried!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God,Katie!I am so happy for you that you will be close to your Great Grandmother and be able to visit with her more often.I also think it is very sweet of you to want to brighten the days of some of the people that are in this home.You are a real encouragement to me!I`m really amazed to see how much you`ve been growing in the Lord!He is really working in you!This blog is also a great way to glow from your home.You know,I think it would be a great idea if you and your children made some home made tracts to include with your baked goods.Older people love pictures from children,and what a wonderful way to share the Gospel with them.Also it would be a great devotional to do with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much everyone!!!

    And that is such a fantastic idea about the tracts! :) Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for you and your family, especially for your grandma though! What an amazing opportunity!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy