Saturday, May 31, 2014

Cheery Days in May



The skies have been clear and the sun has been gloriously shining upon us lately, here in Western PA. It has been utterly beautiful and we have all enjoyed every moment of it! 

The tree I planted last summer/fall is growing well! It even had some flowers bloom on it. I *think* it is a flowering cherry tree (without the cherries)...but I don't remember for sure. My mom bought it for me! I *love* trees...


Each day, the clothesline is full as we take advantage of this beautiful sunshine and breeze to dry our clothes. It saves electric, makes the clothes smell fantastic and there is just something that makes me smile to see clothes hanging on a clothesline...


We had a picnic down at Chris's family's pavilion for memorial day...


My parents came too (that's my dad's truck there)...



Xavier wanted me to watch him ramp this dirt pile. Right after I snapped this picture, he wrecked! Don't worry, he was okay!


I absolutely LOVE this skirt that I found at Goodwill. It fits me perfectly and I just love the colors and the flow of it!


Jaxson...

Chris with one of our nephews...


Madelyn was a sweetie and rubbed Ma's shoulders...


Chris and his brother played catch...




Nickel, my dad's dog...


And back at home....

Pearl enjoyed a little siesta in the shade...


The girls...


Our rhododendron is in full blooom....




Doing a little planning on the front swing...enjoying the sunshine!





The children enjoyed playing Legos outside on the porch...



Madelyn has a latch hook kit she has been working on. Jaxson wanted to give it a try...

And there you have it...a bit of our days lately...in a nut shell! :) I turned our homeschooling portfolios in to our evaluator and when he is finished with them, I'll take them to the school! :) 

I went to spin this morning and then after coming home to shower and have a quick bite to eat, the whole lot of us went to a local flea market. It was a lot of walking and a lot of sun! I found just a few odds and ends. From there, we went to celebrate Chris's cousin's son's first birthday. We just got home a little bit ago...I finished up our church's worship guide and emailed to the proper people (to print for tomorrow) and now I need to go out and mow the front lawn. It's not too long...but I just feel like I would like to get it done today. I am not sure what else the evening holds! I hope yours is wonderfully enjoyable! So glad you stopped by to see me here! 

Have a great weekend!

Warmly,
Katy

It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first. 
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank,
 He is everything.
 ~Paul Washer

2 comments:

  1. Dear Katy, We had a picnic today ourselves! It all looked so happy and cozy!
    I do not use my clothes line like I use to! I did stop my Link Party Katy as It took to much time away from other important things! Happy June to you dear sweet lady...
    Miss Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that flea market; I need to try to make it to next months!

    Great pictures!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy