Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"My favorite weather...

...is bird-chirping weather."
~ Terri Guillemets


We often hear of bad weather, but in reality, no weather is bad. It is all delightful, though in different ways. Some weather may be bad for farmers or crops, but for man all kinds are good. Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating. As Ruskin says, "There is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather." 
~John Lubbock, "Recreation," The Use of Life, 1894


After storms through the night, the sun is shining (although these photos were taken a few days ago). The birds are outside singing and when I went out to hang out the clean laundry, I realized that it was quite hot out! My curly tresses were soon scooped up and corralled in a pony tail.

I recently mowed the lawn...and it already looks like it needs cut again! This mix up of rain and warm weather is really encouraging grass/weed-growing! I'm not complaining though. I enjoy mowing....it's a good workout! :)


Peeking out the windows...





Fading window stars means it is time for me to fold some new ones!


 See this ever-so-sweet sun catcher? It was a gift from my niece, Eloise! :) I sent her a thank-you note in the mail. I figured it would be fun for her to get her *own* mail....plus, a good example for her to see that thank-you notes are important (although her mama is already really good at sending thank-yous...unfortunately this is a lost courtesy with a lot of people though.).

Today, I am blessed because a dear friend is coming over (who has already graduated children from homeschooling and has three more to go!) to help me get Madelyn's 7th grade year figured out...as we can get some high school credits taken care of then. I am thankful for her help since Madelyn is my first one entering the high school years! My sister has it made...if she homeschools, she will have me as a constant guide and help (that could be good or bad, eh? haha!). 
The children are finishing up their schoolwork for the day and we are getting chores done. My friend will be visiting after lunch. I hope the sun continues to shine through the day and the birds sing! It's truly beautiful out (although a breeze would be glorious...as the storms made it hot, humid and muggy outside!). The weather is calling for possible storms later in the day and I am hoping they hold off! But, I suppose, we will take whatever we get and be grateful! 
Happy Tuesday friends!
Warmly,
Katy

1 comment:

  1. Just thought I would say good-night! I have three graduations to go to yet this month! All my grandchildren are home educated, so glad their parents chose that for them! So glad you have home educated your children, they will be blessed and set apart!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy