Saturday, May 10, 2014

Selfless Giving ~ A Full Heart


I was mowing at home today...trying to get as much done before the rain set in, and Chris and the kiddos were down at his parents' meat market doing some things. There was a limb down on a fence at the barn there so Chris went to cut it up and get it for fire wood. As I was mowing, I saw them coming home with a log in the front of the skidder. I turned the mower off and joked that the log looked like a canoe since there was some cut out (sometimes I am a slow-thinker!).

Jaxson just giggled and I looked at him...asking him what was up. Chris wouldn't tell me either...? I didn't understand what was so funny (goodness...I am seriously thick in the brain at times!). It *finally* came to me as I slowly figured out that this was a log planter that Chris made for me. I had seen one with flowers in it online one day, a few months ago and mentioned that I wanted one. Chris had stored that little tid bit in his mind and thus, my Mother's Day gift was born!


Isn't it just fantastic? I will be sure to share pictures when I have it filled (hopefully to over-flowing) with flowers!


 The children each made me a card as well...



Jaxson made me a picture (him and his mama...obviously drawn quickly...he couldn't wait to give it to me)...


You will notice in all the cards that they have money with them. My sweet children *earned* this money themselves doing yard work for my mom. They gave it to me so that I can purchase flowers for in my new log planter!


Xavier gave me $10 because he did work for my mom *and* my great-aunt and wanted to give me more (my heart is over-flowing!)...


Closer photo of what X wrote in the card to me...


The sweet actions of my husband and children have moved me to tears. Aren't they incredibly thoughtful? It is *very* difficult to take money from my children that they worked so hard to earn...but they insist and won't have it any other way. 

I am looking forward to enjoying the evening with my family. Xavier went to the "races" with my dad for the night so the rest of us are grilling out and watching a movie! I got to enjoy my "Mother's Day" a day early...but I hope your day is incredibly blessed tomorrow! It is so nice to feel loved and appreciated, isn't it? 

My heart is full. My children are such wonderful examples of selfless giving. :) I am so thankful for them. The only down side is that my own mother isn't home for this weekend. She drove out to visit *her* mama who lives on the other side of the state (as a surprise). :) I'm so glad they will enjoy that time together and honestly, I am blessed because I live close to my mama...so I see her often! My sister is coming to town next week so we will celebrate our own day with our mom then! 

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us when adversity takes the place of prosperity when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."
~ Washington Irving

Warmly,
Katy

It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first.
 Jesus is everything.
 He's not just first in the rank,
 He is everything.
 ~Paul Washer

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh.. they are the best! What a special Mother's Day memory this will be! I look forward to seeing your wonderful log planter filled with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your presents!! You are truly BLESSED!!! Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katy, I am crying...
    I look forward to seeing this amazing gift when it is in full bloom!
    So glad your Mother went to see her Momma!
    I miss my Mother so much at times! I will rejoice with all Mothers everywhere!
    Love, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very touching post, wishing you a very happy mothers day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was touched by your family's thoughtfulness. Gifts from the heart. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet! Love the Batman tape.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy