Thursday, January 31, 2013

Books In my Wishlist...

Someone previously asked what books were in my amazon wishlist (since I had mentioned that I have quite a few in there!). I'm happy to share the ones I *hope* to get one day!

In no particular order...

Pursuing Holiness in the Lord by Jonathan Edwards

How to Study the Bible by John MacArthur

The Gospel According to Jesus: What is Authentic Faith? by John MacArthur

Whatever Happened to Penny Candy? by Richard Maybury

The Prayer of the Lord by RC Sproul

This Momentary Marriage by John Piper

Guiding the House by Dianna Overholt

The Truth War: Fighting for Certainty in an Age of Deception by John MacArthur

Ashamed of the Gospel: When the Church becomes like the World by John MacArthur

Disciplines of a Godly Woman by Barbara Hughes

Disciplines of a Godly Family by R.Kent Hughes

The Beatles, God and the Bible by Ray Comfort

Hitler, God and the Bible by Ray Comfort

A Hunger for God: Desiring God through Fasting and Prayer by John Piper

The Soul's Quest for God by RC Sproul

Religious Affections by Jonathan and Darlene Edwards

God's Passion for His Glory by John Piper

Down to Earth by Rhonda Hetzel

Does Prayer Change Things? by RC Sproul

Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp

Sew Pretty Homestyle by Tone Finnanger

Marx and Satan by Richard Wurmbrand

For Calvinism by Michael Scott Horton

In the Presence of God: Devotional Readings on the Attributes of God by RC Sproul

Reforming Marriage by Douglas Wilson

What's Wrong with the World by GK Chesterton

CH Spurgeon: The People's Preacher by Christopher Hawes

How Could a Loving God? by Ken Ham

Perspectives on Family Ministry: Three Views by Timothy Paul Jones

How Should We Then Life? by Francis Schaeffer

The Greener Grass Conspiracy: Finding Contentment on Your Side of the Fence by Stephen Altrogge

The Rhythm of Family: Discovering a Sense of Wonder through the Seasons by Amanda Blake Soule

Family-Integrated Church by J. Mark Fox

Made from Scratch: Discovering the Pleasures of a Handmade Life by Jenna Woginrich

The Fall of Satan by Bodie Hodge


So there you have it (well, most of it). There are some more books on my list...but I am starting to go cross-eyed looking at this computer screen! :) I would love to know some books you are hoping to read one day and also if you have read any of the ones I mentioned above (and if so, I'd love to know what you thought of it/them)!

If you haven't already...check THIS out. It's a list of a lot of books I have read and recommend! I'm sure there are more that I have forgotten to list there...but when I remember to, I add them!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I know some of you won't be interested in this post...and that's okay. I know that there are some of you who will enjoy checking out my list. :)

♥ In loving kindness,
   Katy

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your book lists with us!!! Have a Blessed Evening!!
    Lisa in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as if you a big John MacAuthur fan. Me too! Listen to him daily on local station. I think I have the Francis Shaeffer book in the attic...maybe a few of the others. Have you read La Abri' by Fancis Shaeffer? It is one of my all time favs..Great list. Just stopping by! Blessings and I pray you get all of those on your wish list. If I find any of those I will contact you.... I would be happy to send to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Shepherding A Child's Heart and it was a very good book but I have to admit that I found their companion book Instructing a Child's Heart to be even better. If that one isn't on your list yet, you need to add it in! Have you read Chosen By God RC Sproul, Family Practice RC Jr or Everyday Talk John Younts? Right now I am slowly working my way through Jesus Freaks by Voice of the Martyrs which is a collection of short stories of various martyrs from biblical times to what was present day when the book was put together. Really powerful.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy