Saturday, January 5, 2013

"It is the sweet, simple things of life...

...which are the real ones after all." 
~Laura Ingalls Wilder


Above is another peek at my sweet new (*beautiful*) niece, Dinah! The pictures just don't do her justice though...she is just gorgeous in person! They, my sister's family, are now settling in at home...Eloise being just smitten with her new sister!

Here are a few more photos from the time I spent at my sister's house...

Eloise and Madelyn were playing *hide-and-seek*...Eloise thinks Madelyn is in the closet...


Is she in there?


Yep! There she is! Eloise is a good *seeker*!


Lunch time...



Supper time...



Eloise *helped* me wash her up after she finished her bean soup!


Before getting ready for bed...Madelyn spent time reading to El (I tried to...but Eloise preferred her *Maddy* to read with!)...


Although I love Eloise and spending time with her...I will admit that I was delighted to get home. I am *such* a home-body. I prayed and thought about how I long for and enjoy my home....and how that is truly a preparing for my home with Christ one day. I long to be with Him and know that I will, one day, enjoy my forever-home in His kingdom. :)



I went to my spin class this morning (which felt great after missing yesterday's class) and then came home to spend time paying bills, balancing the checkbook, cleaning, and making my grocery list. Oh how I take joy in doing the tasks that it takes to keep a home running smoothly. I can tend to feel overwhelmed at times when I feel that I have a load of things to accomplish...but I just make out my to-do lists in my planner and that helps to relieve the stress. I check things off as I finish them. Then I have a great feeling of accomplishment. :)






A few readers of the blog have emailed me some ideas of things they would like to see me post about  (not that I would consider myself an *expert* on any topic ~ but I have had requests for posts on making marriage last and also healthy living/exercise)...so when I have time to actually sit and devote some serious thought to some topics, I will be writing on their suggestions. :) I also hope to post about the latest book I am reading, sometime soon, as well. 



Ruthie (somehow) finds this to be a comfortable way to lay (I just *had* to snap a picture and share it with you!) She's such a silly pup!...


It's evening and my family and I are all sitting in the living room together. I'm so glad to just *be* near each of them...things just feel *right* when we are all together.

Before I go...here's some food for thought for the rest of your weekend! Be blessed friends! :)


“God created us for this: to live our lives in a way that makes him look more like the greatness and the beauty and the infinite worth that he really is. This is what it means to be created in the image of God.” 



“The key to Christian living is a thirst and hunger for God. And one of the main reasons people do not understand or experience the sovereignty of grace and the way it works through the awakening of sovereign joy is that their hunger and thirst for God is so small.” 



“If Psalm 1 is to be believed, we must not allow our children to stand, sit or walk with those who deny biblical truth and morality. Instead, we must place them in situations that will aid them in meditating on the law of the Lord 'day and night.' Surely this involves how and where they are to be educated.” 


God must open the eyes of our understanding before we can truly know and rightly interpret His truth. His truth is available only to those with a regenerate spirit and in whom His Spirit dwells, for only the Spirit can illumine Scripture. Just as the physically blind cannot see the sun, the spiritually blind cannot see the Son. Both lack proper illumination.
~John MacArthur

♥ In loving kindness,
   Katy

7 comments:

  1. Hello Katy, What a sweet and precious baby. She really looks like a doll!!
    Yes I agree when I have to be gone from home I long for it.I looked for new weekly planner while out today 50% off. May you enjoy the New Year and all the days to come.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so soft and cute no wonder you are in love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to come by for a visit! I feel the exact same way about staying at home. I find excuses to stay at home when someone suggests going somewhere else. :) It's so funny b/c my husband loves to go! Opposites sure attract. :)

    Congrats on your new neice! She is beautiful and I know you will enjoy having a new little one closeby. :)

    Hugs!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy
    You should start another blog about health and fitness. I love to stop by here to read about your homemaking, organzing,cooking,and family life. Please,don't change the direction of your blog. It's such a warm and cozy place to visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post katy, beautiful pictures, you always lift my spirits, thank you. best wishes jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dinah and Eloise are just precious! We never can stand to stay gone from home for very long!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy