Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's 2013! How Can it Be?

 Glory to God in highest heaven,
Who unto man His Son hath given;
While angels sing with tender mirth,
A glad new year to all the earth.
~Martin Luther

I rose early on New Year's day...and went downstairs to find my husband and children all camped out in the living room...fast asleep! All snuggled down in this first photo is Jaxson...


Madelyn and Xavier were camped out on the floor...


And Chris was curled up in his chair...


 During the day, we worked on projects of the imagination and also more wood splitting and stacking outside...


Above is a photo of Jaxson and the Hobbit House he was making. Notice the round blue door in the front? He put a table and divider wall inside too! Below is a house Madelyn made that she calls her "3D House"...


That evening, we were invited to Chris's brother's house. Luckily, they live close to us so if my sister called telling me labor was starting, I could quickly get home to finish packing my bags and make the journey to her house)...


The men-folk enjoying their ribs (above) and my sweet nephew below (don't you just want to squeeze him? He is an absolutely delightful baby, truly!)...



Madelyn had fun playing some simple tunes on the piano...


My sister-in-love even cut my hair for me! Wasn't that sweet? I was in dire need of a trim (my curls were so drab)...she even cut in some layers and now my curls are light and springy!!! This picture is a bit deceiving though because it makes my hair appear short...but I still have lots of length. The picture doesn't do it justice but it will do! :).....Oh...and yes, I wear glasses. Normally I wear contacts but this was the end of the day, before bed!



I am reading and praying through Psalm 119 this month. If you want to join along with me (and others)...see THIS page! :)


This morning we started back into our normal daily grind. For me, spin class early...then home to send Chris off to work, have breakfast with the children and begin prayer/catechism and schooling. Our break was enjoyed but it is nice to get back into our routine again as well!





We are still praying for my sister's father-in-law. She posted an update on her blog HERE. Thank you, so much, for your kind support, prayers and encouragement during this difficult time!

♥ In loving kindness,
   Katy

5 comments:

  1. That quilt Xav is under is gorgeous! How wonderful you get to give it a home. I have four quilt tops done and so one of my goals for this winter is to get them all finished and put into use around my home. I'm feeling inspired by that photo, Katy! Thanks for sharing. And Happy New Year! You are looking FANTASTIC by the way! :-) ~Kelly in MN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy,
    Your hair looks so pretty. You look great--all your hard work is showing.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camo skirt! hehe Too cute. Did you make it Katy?

    I enjoyed your pictures. Bet the "camp out" was fun. (:

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Katy! I found your blog last night while waiting for my husband to get home from work. I enjoyed reading about your precious family. I also homeschool my children. I will visit often. :)

    Have a wonderful day with your family.

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely New Year's Day! And what a super big treat to have to pack your bags!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy