Saturday, February 2, 2013

Of Robobugs and Hominess...


Brrr...it's cold outside! As I type, it's snowing in abundance. It's super cold outside and the original plan for the day was for us to work outside...splitting and stacking wood and cleaning out goat pens. It's *way* too cold so we have snuggled down *in*side. We have watched movies, cleaned, talked and laughed ~ thankful that we can be home, together, warm and cozy!


Candles are lit and glowing...


We can't just sit covered in quilts and afghans *all* day though! So we've been sweeping floors, doing dishes and folding laundry...



This was the other day (right now, there is a much thicker covering of snow outside)...


Around about the house...





Last evening, Chris and the children put together a Robobug! My aunt got each of the children a different type of science project to put together. They had the stuff to make Jaxson's...so that's what they did! :)


Jaxson and his Robobug...


Isn't it cute? It looks just like a fly! It moves around and buzzes too! (It doesn't fly though...thankfully!)...


A beautiful quote that touched my heart when I read it and wanted to share:

"In addition to thanking God and praising His goodness, adopt a high view of God. You are here to serve God, not God here to serve you. Humbly bow before Him taking the posture of His creature whose chief end is to glorify God. Serve God through your ministry to your husband and your family. Revere God. Think of Him and treat Him as the High and Holy God."
 ~ Martha Peace, The Excellent Wife (one of my favorite books)

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you are staying warm and cozy in this cold weather!

Oh...and a quick update ~ I am now down 56 pounds since starting this journey of health back on June 1st of last year! I am thrilled...but it's a little disheartening as the weight is coming off much slower now than it did when I began! God is good and it is so wonderful to feel healthy again! How are *you* doing?

♥ In loving kindness,
    Katy

7 comments:

  1. what a wonderful cozy post:) the robobug is so COOL! Love it and whats even more cool is that daddy was involved in making this with the children. I think that makes it extra special!!
    56 pounds is AMAZING!!!!! The last bit will be slow but slow is better than none! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy,
    Your home is beautiful. I must repent of being covetous of your snow. ~smile~ We had flurries but nothing on the ground yet. It's been a disappointing year for snow as was last year. However, I live just outside Joplin, Missouri. Much building and restoration is still going on after the tornado in May 2011. So, I must make myself be content.

    I've lost about 20 pounds since November. My husband's lost 30. Wish it would come off me as easily as it comes off of him. Oh well. As long as I weigh less at the end of February than I do now, I'll be headed in the right direction.

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    P.S. Do drop in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    What plan are you following to lose weight? Are you exercising too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simple days of winter. When sometimes we are forced to stay inside! Stick with your plan of health and weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that robobug! It always blesses my heart to see fathers investing in their children!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy,

    I like the quote too. It's so true! Don't get discouraged with your slowing down on the weight loss. Even with the additional exercise, we just slow down and aren't as active as we are in warmer weather. Fifty six pounds is nothing to sneeze at. I'm proud of ya! (:
    It's been really cold and snowy here as well. The boys and I shoveled the drive and went for a walk (bundled up) this evening. We've been feeling a bit cooped up and itchy for spring.

    Have a blessed Sunday!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy,
    Don't be disheartened, 56 pounds is an amazing amount!!! The robobugs look so neat and fun to make. Your house is so beautiful...I LOVE country decorating. Thanks for sharing the pictures :)
    Kindly,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy