Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Woven Threads

My life is but a weaving, between my God and me,
I do not choose the colors, He worketh steadily,
Oftimes He weaveth sorrow, and I in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper, and I the underside.
Not till the loom is silent, and shuttles cease to fly,
Will God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful in the skillful Weaver's hand,
As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.

ANONYMOUS

Isn't that poem above just beautiful? I absolutely love it. Let me share something else I love, actually someONE. Corrie ten Boom. What a beautifully Godly woman she was. How I would have loved to have met her...and pray I will in God's Heaven. I am reading Tramp for the Lord which was written by her as a sequel to The Hiding Place. Oh how she inspires me. :) Life is not always pleasant...in her case, hell-on-earth, but still, the unfailing faith of her and her sister, Betsie, have shown many the love of Christ.

I have mentioned about the ten Boom's before, when I had read the book titled Corrie ten Boom by Kathleen White. So, I apologize for being repetitious. Before I started this book, I read Night by Elie Wiesel. Although I had watched the movie Schindler's List in high school, the horror of it all came rushing back to me as I read the words of these authors describing their life during the holocaust.

The big difference I noticed in these books was Jesus. Despite the tortures Corrie went through, she clung to her love of Jesus...and shared the good news as often as she could. When reading her words, you sensed her hope. Elie, a teenager at that time, although Jewish, didn't have the hope, love and peace that Jesus so freely gives. While reading his book...my stomach twisted and turned at the awful ways they were treated...praying no one ever has to live through something like that again. My heart cried out for each person...grandparents, parents, children (and babies too). My grief is greater when I think of all those who didn't know the Savior.

While reading Corrie's book, my heart, although still terribly pained, would warm when she shared the conversations between her and Betsie, and how they shared Jesus with so many around them. And now, seeing how she took the gospel all over the world makes me want to say **Yes!**.

"Although the threads of my life have often seemed knotted, I know, by faith, that on the other side of the embroidery there is a crown. As I have walked the world -a tramp for the Lord- I have learned a few lessons in God's great classroom...."
~Corrie ten Boom


Isn't the idea of our lives being threads, woven together by God, just fantastic? And just like Corrie, we may feel those threads are knotted or dark at times....but know that keeping the faith, we will be rewarded by a joyful, beautiful life in Heaven. God weaves our lives together, as they are, for a reason. Let us use all opportunity, the good and the bad, to share Jesus with those around us. :)

I share my love for different books I have read because, I hope, that if you haven't read them, that you will consider it. Turn off the television in your free time and spend it engrossed in a good book. The wisdom you glean will benefit you, greatly! :) Another book, I finished recently, is called The Beauty of Modesty by David and Diane Vaughan. It describes itself as "cultivating virtue in the face of a vulgar culture"....and that it *does*. Definitely a good read.

Some photos from the past few days to share...


Any place is a good place, for X to read to mama!...

In the kitchen...

Bread, Madelyn helped me make on Monday...and rolls I made for supper (homemade sloppy joes...yum!)...


My journal, where I am listing my One Thousand Gifts that I mentioned HERE, with an important reminder on the cover...

We have had much in the way of snow and ice lately. I was going to take a trip to my sister's house, to help with housework (and baby-snuggling) and however I was needed. Due to the roads, I stayed home. I am so grateful to God, though, for my sister, Devon, has been able to get some better sleep this past night...so I didn't feel so bad about not being able to make the trip to help.

Our days are full....filled with baking, cooking, housework, schooling, mending clothes, laundry, reading and playing. Practices have begun on some evenings for our church's annual Passion Play outreach. This year, even *I* have a wee-bit of a part...I'll explain more about it, another time. For now, I need to go. :) I hope you are having a lovely week, no matter what the weather or trials you may be going through...may faith and joy stream through *strong*!

I, also, want to encourage you to be aware of what is going on in the world...and how this may mean quite a hike in prices of food and other necessities for us. Be wise and always be prepared, just in case. No panic, no stress. Just wisdom. :)

With warm, friendly smiles,
Katy :)

He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

13 comments:

  1. Katy,
    what encouraging words. And I did not know there was a sequel to The Hiding Place. I just reread that book last summer and it really made me look at how I was living my life for the Lord.

    Now, off the find the sequel...

    Hugs and blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your dear heart; you have given me so many good reading suggestions. I wish more mommies would read and encourage their children to read good books. It's discouraging to see the things people count as worthless, which are really the only things that count. Love to read your blog. My daughters plan to homeschool their children as they were. I look forward to little ones.
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Corrie Ten Boom, she is such a loving example of a true Christian, when I homeschooled, my son read that book and what an impact it had on us. I love your home pictures, the littles are getting so big!! On our local news tonight they touched on the subject of prices going much higer because of all the extreme weather in the U.S and around the world, we do have a food pantry we built down stairs, we just need to get motivated again to fill it completely! Hope you all stay safe in this terrible storm headed our way! god bless my friend!~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely post and lovely pics! Everytime I come to visit and see your header it makes me want spring so bad, seeing that laundry hanging out *sigh* a few more months....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been working on stocking up my pantry. I've noticed in the last month or so that food prices are going up, up, up again. Ugh!

    Loved seeing the kiddos making pizza. That is one of Megan's favorite things to help make. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katy! Thank you for the lovely poem about our lives being a weaving. Beautiful!! Your words always bring comfort and I enjoy seeing photos of your children and how they love to read. You haveand are teaching them so well! Take Care and God Bless! Donna, gmills4@suddenlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Post We are so grateful
    to have you Katy as a Blogger
    with your words of "Wisdom" and sharing...And Yes I too been keeping watch of the World events
    knowing Jesus is in control...

    Food price are really high in the
    Southwest Gas is $3.14
    We been trying to buy a little more
    each time really hard on SS# income
    I shop with coupons/look for sale
    items...

    Warm blessings .. stay safe and warm
    Hugs Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post, as always Katy. Thank you for sharing the pearls of wisdom that you find. xx

    (Madelyn's hair is growing so long and pretty!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always get such a joy from reading your blog. Today I especially love the poem you shared. I've copied and plan to print it out and frame it for my sewing room.

    I've never read the books you mentioned but have added them to the list I want to get at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katy!
    This is my first time commenting, although not my first time visiting. I need to add The Hiding Place on my list of books to read this year. I bought it at a thrift store a few months ago, but my list of books to read seems to grow faster than I can get them read! I'll be sure to move this one up closer to the top.

    Blessings!
    ~Karen in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Katy!

    I mentioned previously that God was calling me to reread The Hiding Place. I am almost finished with it and say, "Amen," to your posting. I will be reading Tramp for the Lord soon and was excited that you mentioned that book as well. I have never read it and am anxious to begin. I have done some "googling" on Corrie and came across some of the bulletins she mailed. I believe it was called "Harvest Time". Wheaton College has some within their web site. Maybe you would enjoy reading these as much as I have.

    Blessings....Heather from Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS One more thought...

    While it is 100% biblical to be wise and prepare our storehouses, allow me to post and encouraging thought that God brought to my mind while reading The Hiding Place. If you recall, Corrie prepared a prison bag. But when she was taken away to prison, God placed on her heart to leave it behind as to not draw attention to "the hiding place". God provided for her and protected her during that hellish time (ie The Gospels and eventually a complete Bible, vitamins, etc.). God comforted me with the thought that all things come from Him. I need to depend on Him and not me. He will take care of us. What a warm and loving thought! :)

    Blessings upon blessings...
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy