Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Think left and think right....

...and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!"
~Dr. Seuss

We have gotten even *more* snow...maybe I should scoop some of it up and start my own rain barrell, well, snow barrell until it all melts! ;) The children are sure enjoying it, though. They are out playing whenever they can...only to return later with bright red faces...cold and tired!

Just look at the trees...aren't they beautiful? I love how they look frosted and perfect, untouched. God sure did give us a gorgeous world, didn't He? **Although, I am quite thankful for the ability to view it from the warmth and coziness inside my home! ;)

Today I am feeling quite Seuss-y. I admit, I made up that word...but if you have ever read a book by Dr. Seuss, I am sure you already know the meaning! :) **And...if you will notice on my left sidebar...towards the top under the chicken picture...my newest favorite quote! Isn't it great!?**

So...although the days are cold, there are some things to do, I'm told. (Yep...I made that up too!)

"If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good."
~Dr. Seuss

You can bake loaves of bread...

Or if you are hungry for cookies...there's no need to dread...

Just mix 'em on up and have 'em before bed!

You can get out your needles and yarn...

and knit up some scarves to wear to the barn!

You could go through the piles of old pictures galore...

But if that's not enough...wait! There's more!

You could sit and write some stories...but if that's not your thing...

you can snuggle up and read how to walk with the King!


Of course, there's always schoolwork that needs done too...

but oft times there are many *other* things you can do!

"Think and wonder, wonder and think."
~Dr. Seuss

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one."
~Dr. Seuss

I hope you are enjoying your days in-doors. I am eager to get in the gardens, go for walks, and be out in barefeet! But until then...I'll enjoy the time I have...the here and now...and try to cherish each moment as that is all we are given. I'm so glad you came to visit me today...this is a bit of a rarity for me...a few posts in a row. Once the snow melts...they will definitely be fewer and far between...I crave sunshine! :o)

Until next time...kindly,
Katy :)


He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

18 comments:

  1. I'm ready for spring, too, Katy Seuss! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - I loved the Seuss theme to your post! =) The quote beneath the chicken is pretty awesome, too. The snow is beautiful - especially on the trees! Enjoyed the pictures! Hope you have a blessed rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am craving the sun and outdoors also. I have a bad case of cabin fever. The only place I want to go is outside! I have been stepping out here and there but it is cold so I can't stay out but a minute. Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your post today. Dr. Seuss was always a favorite when my kids were little. I'm so ready to go play in the grass in my bare feet!

    Have a great week. Thanks for the prayers for sis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved it! Made me giggle!

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved his books when my boy was young, he will be 18 in 2 days!! Thanks for the smiles, and I loved the pictures. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smiles...that's cute! I am craving spring as well, but trying to enjoy the beautiful snow. Your frosted tree picture is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm ready for spring but am enjoying the winter snow, so peaceful as your photos prove.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! Made me smile this cold, snowy morning!

    Grace & Peace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy,

    Enjoyed your Seussian post today!

    I am longing for spring, but trying not to rush the season...

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun post:) I always read Dr. Seuss with my son when he was young and always loved those books:)Hope you have a wonderful day and hopefully we'll get some nice sunshine SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CUTE.... i am really ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katy - Your Dr. Suess-ish poem was so creative and cute! Put a big smile on my face! I woke up to the same sight yesterday morning, but, of course, we're neighbors by about 45 minutes so that shouldn't be a surprise! And I kept saying to the kids, "Look at how beautiful God made it outside this morning with the bright white snow all over the trees." It was a sight for sure! Oh, I always enjoy reading your blog! This little piece of cyberspace is always so cozy and welcoming! May you have a blessed day from the King!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Seuss! I too crave sunshine but only have snow and lots of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And when your world is blanketed in cold and fog.....you could just as well sit down and write a blog!:):)
    Have a great day Katy! spring will come!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to plant my garden. I was just making plans for it. I can't wait to feel the grass under my feet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Katy's my blog-friend and I want to say,
    She's clever, and witty and brightens my day,

    She loves the Lord Jesus and keeps close to Him,
    She shines like a beacon that never grows dim.

    She cares for her family and lets us all see,
    What a wife and a mother ought really to be.

    Love ya Katy!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your post. Read many a book of Seuss to my kids. Your snow pictures are beautiful. We are to get a dusting of snow during the night. I hope I wake up to a beautiful scene. We are to be in the high 60's next week.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy