Saturday, February 5, 2011

Here At Home

We are eagerly anticipating the arrival of spring...someday *soon*, we hope! Xavier informed me that he truly misses their *dirt pile* (where the boys play with their cars and digger trucks). I told him spring would be here, soon enough. :)

One can only take so many pictures of snow before they all start looking the same. So, I decided to take some pictures of the place I spend most of my time...**home**. You may tire of seeing photos of my home, but I like to keep day-t0-day goings-on captured in pictures and nestle them here in my little blog as a sort of keep-sake. (Soon, I will be getting my 2010 blog posts made into a book like I did with my 2009 posts. If you are interested in making *your* blog into a book HERE is the site I use. I like to make one for each year...but you can do it however you like.)

The addition we built on our home, one day to be a mudroom/pantry and living room...

Boots and galoshes, a must for winter snow travel!

Part of my food storage rotation system that I mentioned HERE...

Bird seed...
The door between the addition and the rest of the house. This door won't be here forever...but the addition isn't properly insulated yet so this saves heating costs!

In the kitchen...



Jaxson...
The children, watching out for Grammie, who invited X over for a sleepover at her and pop-pop's house!

Fresh bread, a recipe from Rosie...although mine didn't rise *quite* as high as hers... :) Practice makes perfect!



Baked ziti, salad and homemade rolls for supper. It was a filling meal enjoyed by all. Chris's mom even came over to join us! Pa (Chris's dad) had already eaten and was visiting with his cousin.


Then, after Ma (Chris's mom) went back home to get tucked into *her* bed, Chris tucked the children in *their* beds with prayers and kisses. Then he joined me downstairs where we lit the oil lamp and read quietly in our chairs, always a wonderful way to "wind-down" for the evening.

If you enjoyed this post...you may also enjoy:
*Living Simple & Simply Living* and *Simple Living: A Matter of the Heart*
Or, you might possibly think my pictures (and posts!) are a bit monotonous! I am sorry if it is so. My life is a constant one of work and play...full of joy but also similar in its happenings. Of course, when actually here at home, I see the treasures that each day holds, uniquely perfect...but portraying that with words and pictures doesn't always give it the qualities of the actual being-here moments.

Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.
~John Howard Payne

The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes.
~Harold B. Lee

So glad you stopped. :)
I hope you enjoy your weekend!
Warmly,
Katy :)

He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

16 comments:

  1. i dont think i ever saw your '09 blog book!!!

    that bread looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy,

    I love your posts, I love seeing your home. It is warm and gentle...just like I imagine you are!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing pictures of your home. It is so cozy. I like how your bread looks too. so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, your bread looks sooo good! Thanks for sharing your home. It looks cozy and inviting.

    My boys miss playing in the dirt with their trucks too. But they've discovered that their trucks work just has well hauling snow as they do dirt! =)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bless little X's heart. I can't wait to get in the dirt to. I have no dirt pile like him but my flower beds & hope to be veggie garden box's are my dirt. I find small army men & planes from time to time while tending the flowers. Memories of the days my youngest played in the dirt right by my side as I planted flowers. It might be early but I have picked up packages of pes seeds yeaterday. Your rolls looks so warm & yummy. Thats a great wood tray holder you have them on. I love old wooden kitchen items. Your home is always a welcome site to visit. Home is where the heart is. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so encouraging and relaxing to come for a visit, Katy. I love your warm and friendly, open-hearted and inviting things you share in your posts so much. Your home and family reminds me of mine very much, and you and I seem to have a real similar style of blogging (you know how different folks have different ways)somewhat too, which gives me that good old feeling of "yesterday" and inspires me to get back into just simply opening my home and sharing my life more often as I once did. Perhaps, Lord willing, I one day will. 'Til then, I'll continue to enjoy you opening your home and sharing your life. Thanks for the loving encouragement, my precious friend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's certainly nothing monotonous about your blog. I love seeing the pictures and I'm with X, I want to play in the dirt too.

    Your red countertop in your kitchen is gorgeous. I want to change our countertop and now I know what color I want.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love visiting with you! I like life that is slow and steady and not full of to much excitement. It is perfect for me! I agree with X and I miss the dirt. An ice storm and now snow today and again on Sunday night is giving me the winter blues. I know that soon spring will be here and that without winter spring would not be a wonderful as it is.

    I saw that there was bread flour in your food storage area... do you use bread flour for all of your breads? Also are the dinner rolls and rolls you use for sloppy joe the same recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy, I find it ironic that you seem to apologize for the "monotony" as you call it, of your posts about your daily life. It is that very quality that I find so charming, I never get enough pictures of your daily baking, what your kids are doing, whatever domestic things are going on in your world. Please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy,

    Love the post, your kitchen is
    perfect color love red....
    I painted the walls above the
    cupboards and around the window
    Summer Pudding Red (Lowes Paint)
    Great Soft Red Color...

    Your Blog is Warm and loving
    so enjoy coming for a visit I
    look for you each day...
    You are awesome Sister in The
    Lord ......
    Hugs/ Blessings
    Trish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monotonous??? You?? NEVER!! You are a true and wonderful treasure! I love your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post. I love seeing the pictures. It is wonderful to end the day with a quiet peacefulness, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katy, I love seeing your home and children. Please don't apologize for the love and kindness you share with us all, they are comforts in this stressful world we live in. God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katy,

    Your blog is absolutely delightful! I love visiting you and seeing your daily happenings. :-) Your yummy breads always make me hungry though...lol.
    Hope you have a wonderful evening!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katy- I never tire of seeing your home! I actually go back to older posts over and over again because they give me encouragement and inspiration in my own home! I love your blog- it's like an old friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful post, lovely home, special people. Never monotonous. Just love it all.

    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy