Thursday, February 3, 2011

Love Notes

I receive love notes, daily. I am quite blessed in that way. :) *Most* of them come from Xavier...but Madelyn and Jaxson give me a great number, as well. Xavier wrote the note, above. It says "Dear mom, I love you. I will not whine wen (when) I do my scoll (school)." Truly sweet, isn't it?

Madelyn made me this note...

Isn't that a pretty butterfly? And here is what it says inside...

She loves me more than salami! Now *that* is love! ;)
Another note from X, below. He loves to do block letters and numbers. (Unfortunately, he likes to do that when answering schoolwork questions in his workbooks too...!)...

Do you notice on the bottom of X's note, above, says "I love both uv (of) um (them)"...hehe! I love that. :) And one, X left me on a chalkboard...

Oh, and there are so many more...I honestly receive them in abundance. It makes my heart soar! How can you *not* feel loved when you get love notes?

I also have a love note that is breathed from the very lips of God. It is the greatest love note I have ever received...and it is one that has been written to you too! If you haven't read it yet, it tells of God's love for us, His people. He loved us, so much, that He sent His Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to live, teach and die for us. Have you ever had someone love you, that much? To take every wrong thing you have done, are doing, and will do upon Himself and suffer in your place?

Just knowing this, though, isn't enough. He wants to live within you. He wants His Holy Spirit to fill and work *in* you! It's a purifying of the heart...taking out (repenting of) all the sin that has held you back and letting it go. Asking forgiveness and then walking away from it. It's a striving to live a holy and righteous life...knowing that perfection is not-obtainable this side of Heaven...but truly trying to live for Him and not self, anymore.

My heart desires for you to know my Jesus. I want you to know His Love, His Peace, His Joy. If you don't know Him, please, feel free to email me *anytime*...to talk and for prayer. Only He can save you. There are so many, faceless people who visit my blog....thousands of page views per week. Most don't comment, and that is OK. But I don't know each of you. I don't know your hurts, pains, joys, loves. I don't know where your faith stands...but I do wish for *each* of you to know you are saved. Let Him love you, because He *does*...and tells you in His Word. It is the best love you will ever know. :)

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
1 John 4:7-12 (emphasis mine)

And this morning, as I read in that beautiful love note from God, I read this passage:

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:28-31

Complete encouragement, isn't it? :)


We have had snow, rain, sleet and even a bit of sunshine the past few days.

See the ice hanging from the swingset, below? Brrr! But then, look behind it and see the beautiful wood stove...ablaze, keeping us warm inside! :)

Smiles abound in our hearts and on our faces...


The children have been doing well with their studies. One valuable resource I recommend to anyone educating at home are these two books...

Easy Homeschooling Companion and Easy Homeschooling Techniques...both by Lorraine Curry. I had seen the Companion book recommended by Jewels on her blog. So I thought I would check it out. I, then, decided to also get the Techniques book. I really have enjoyed them...full of wisdom and ideas! :)

Jaxson, coloring...


My beloved-shadow, Ruthie. She always rests her head on the wrungs under the chairs. I don't see how that could possibly be comfortable...but it must be! :) Also a few other pictures from around my home...




I am so glad you stopped by. If you are one of those faceless page-views I mentioned above, please, feel free to say *hello*! I would love to hear from you! You don't have to be a blogger. It's always great to meet new friends! I hope you have a great end of your week!

Joyfully,
Katy :)
He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

15 comments:

  1. I greatly enjoyed this post =) Your children are so precious! Their notes are a way of thanking you for all your efforts and labor of love in being their mommy =)

    I hope you have a blessed Thursday! Stay warm and cozy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post...sniff, sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love notes are the best! The other day I found one form my son to his little brother! Isn't that sweet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. very sweet notes from the kiddles... creative of maddy to make her card into a butterfly... and x to draw out block letters! he may be your little artist one day!

    ps--you forgot to take that oil lamp... we'll have to get it to ya next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What darling love notes. Things we mommies never forget. Your doggie is sooo cute. Dogs do lay around in strande places and postions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post. I love the little love notes our children give us. Mine love to do that and draw pics for me all the time.

    We have had 2ft of snow over the last couple of days and now it is brutally cold out.

    Stay warm and safe.

    Hugs,

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy coming to visit you..
    so true what you are saying about
    so many with troubled hearts..
    Yes Jesus is the Way and the Light
    guiding us every step of the way..

    Children are so sweet..what a
    blessings you have...

    BLessings / Hugs Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to miss reading your blog often. We leave for Honduras in 13 days! Your blog is always a source of encouragement to me.
    www.cincogringos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy,

    I have stacks of the sweet notes my darlings have written me! So precious!

    I am going to check out those homeschool resources you mentioned. I have been homeschooling for about 16 yrs - I have graduated two, one graduates this year, but I have three to go...I want to refresh myself and get a fresh vision. I likely will do more Charlotte Mason style....

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katy, I'm a long time reader, and rare commenter. :)

    I have never seen a wood stove like that one out in your yard! Does it heat everything for you guys? It sure is big! I thought you guys just had one on the side of your house, unless that was someone else's blog I saw that on. I have a horrible memory so pardon me. ;)

    My 6 yr old still makes notes for me, but it is rare to get one from my 10 yr old!

    ReplyDelete
  11. dear kathy,
    love this post.....just wonderful
    wonderful blog!!!
    have a cosy weekend,
    greetings from germany regina

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am one of your faceless visitors who felt the need to introduce myself to you today. I am a homeschooling mom of three just as you are. We live in small town Tennessee and are frugal country living people as well. I love that you share your family, faith and daily adventures with everyone. Raising our families with values, morals and a loving relationship with the Lord is our most important job as teacher and as mommy! Thank you...your blog is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Katy,

    Thank you so much for these beautiful words. Letters of love, can it get any better than this.

    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those notes are so sweet! You have beautiful children inside and out.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy