Sunday, February 20, 2011

From the Weekend...

Oh how I cringe to even begin my post this way...but I simply *must* tell you that as of right this very moment...it is snowing outside and has been for a bit tonight. We are to get many inches of snow...just as I marveled at the fact that most of the snow had finally melted (even if all it left in its wake was lots of brown grass and mud!). I am staying optimistic though...spring *will* arrive...someday soon. That is encouraging!

One night, earlier this week, we watched How Great is our God...a DVD featuring speaker Louie Giglio(who has many interesting videos you can watch on youtube!). It was just beautiful, reminding us that we are fearfully and wonderfully made by an all-knowing, all-loving God...Who created us! We enjoyed it immensely. The children all gradually nodded off while watching it, though. The picture at the top of this post is Jaxson, cuddled in close with me. :)

Saturday, Madelyn and I enjoyed a brunch and bridal shower, thrown for my cousin, Alyson! Look at these cookie-lollipops that my mom made for the centerpieces! Aren't they fantastic? I just love the owl!

My sister, Devon, made the journey to town, from her home, and brought the littlest love of the family, with her! I got some baby-snuggling time (which I enjoyed immensely!)...and Madelyn even got to hold her (not once, but twice!)...

While I held my niece, Devon worked on the bow-bouquet that Alyson will use at her wedding rehearsal. Madelyn, holding the bouquet...

For supper, the one evening, I made some hamburger buns and cooked up some beef...

Cheeseburgers are much more delicious when eaten on a homemade bun! :) I also cut up some potatoes, covered them in some extra-virgin olive oil and baked them. Homemade fries are perfect with this meal, as well!

Today (Sunday), after an enjoyable time at church...we had lunch at Chris's parents' home. Thank you all for lifting Pa up in prayer...he is feeling much better and doing well! :)
Chris and his brother, Dan, peeling onions to eat with lunch...

Knitting and reading fill up spare moments in the days...

I hope you will forgive me, as I dislike the word verifications when commenting on posts...but I had to turn mine on, for I have been getting numerous spam comments. I think it is such a shame that people actually take the time to set programs up that do that to people. I had gone for a long time with no spam....but have gotten 5 or more in the past few days. Maybe, after a while, I can turn the word verification off again. :)

The children are all tucked in bed and asleep. I am ready to do like-wise. Tomorrow holds chores and treasures of its own and I would like to greet the day with a smile (which is hard to do if you don't get a good amount of sleep!). :)
I hope you were each able to enjoy your weekend. Thanks, so much, for coming by!

“May your days be many and your troubles be few. May all God's blessings descend upon you. May peace be within you. May your heart be strong. May you find what you're seeking wherever you roam.”

~Irish Blessing

Kindly,
Katy :)
He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

10 comments:

  1. Katy,

    Your weekend sounded a bit like mine - full of family and friends.

    Have a wonderful week.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy. Looks like you had a nice weekend. Well, except for the snow. lol. We are going to be getting it soon here in CT. I just wanted to let you know that I love reading your blog. You have helped me in so many ways. Thank you. Have a great week.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy, Sounds as if you have had quite a few marvelous days recently. Your niece is adorable! I love, love the cookie centerpieces. Sounds like your Mom has a knack for these things! Good for her! I so admire that particular Irish blessing. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have another very nice week.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post katy, Your niece is so adorable ..Thanks for sharing

    Blessings
    Trish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy~ Just wanted to wish you a very wonderfully blessed Monday and week ahead. Those cheeseburgers look so good. I used to make all kinds of bread things and then stopped maybe I should get my bread machine out again and give it a whirl. Think I may make cheeseburgers this week! :)
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful post, as always Katy. I have to say...the picture of Madelyn and her little cousin is the CUTEST!

    God bless you,
    love, Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi katy,
    it sounds that you had a wonderful weekend with your family.the homemade
    burger looks very delicious.and your
    nice is so sweet!!!
    have a wonderful week,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  8. We get snow all the way through May, but from here on out when it snows, it shouldn't stay long. We just thawed out (mostly) from the last storm. Everything was an ice cube! I needed ice skates to navigate our driveway.

    I love the DVDs by Louie Giglio! I am hoping hubby and I can go see him with Chris Tomlin in April.

    The cookies are so cute! And so is your little niece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Katy,

    What a lovely post. I really liked the picture. We are having cooler summer days here now, which I really enjoy. I'm not much good in the heat. Isn't it lovely though that we have 4 seasons. Winter is great for getting lots done here as we don't get to cold and never get snow.I must admit I'm looking forward to the cooler months. Have a wonderful week.

    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such a dear family!! And i love that you call your children "littles" like me....When my oldest was little..she looked just like me and everyone called her "little you". Then it just became "your little"..and then shortened to "little". Now they are all my "littles"!! Why do you call your children "littles"?? Just curious!!

    Tonia

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy