Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Sanctuary

My place of quiet rest...where my soul finds peace and calm to enjoy God's presence, for He is my true and constant Sanctuary, my place of refuge. True love and joy abide when I am reading His Word and laying, at His feet, the many needs of this fallen earth. I praise Him for all His magnificent works and simply, for loving me. Often, I don't feel good enough, deserving of His great love...but then I remember that I'm truly *not* deserving...but because of His Love, His Son, His Sacrifice...I am loved....with a stronger love than I can know or understand. And, so it is for you, as well. How can we be anything but abundantly grateful, thanking Him and loving Him?

Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.
Ephesians 2:19-22

Although I don't use The Message when studying my Bible...it really does say it beautifully, HERE. Also, in Exodus 15 ~ it gives a wonderful song, sang by Moses and the Israelites, describing God, our Great Sanctuary! Here are some of the ways they describe Him...

* Our strength, defense and salvation
* Warrior
* Majestic in Holiness
* Awesome in Glory, working wonders
* Unfailing Love
* Reigning forever
* Highly exalted

Selfish, imperfect, flaw-filled me is loved by a perfect God. And He is *your* Sanctuary as well, built in your heart...enabling you to love, love, love. Some days can be such a struggle, no? Join me, in reaching for Him, daily....consistently. Find your peace in the One Who loves you *most*. He wants to be within us, working in us. With Jesus as the cornerstone, He will build a pure and holy sanctuary in our hearts. If you, like me, have the desire to sing to Him...THIS is a most-perfect song! :)

I am joy-filled, at this moment, over-flowing with thankfulness for the beautiful sunshine He has given today! I needed it. Just look at it, spilling over and warming my home...


Some of *the girls* have come out to enjoy the warm-ness, as well! Although, we have lost a couple of our girls, I believe, due to the extreme cold. They were in the coop...but we have had a drastic drop in temperatures...and I think it was just a bit much for some of our girls to take. It makes me sad...but they *are* getting quite old in chicken-years...and we plan on getting more peeps this spring.

Sweet Stu, poking her head out from her cozy little home, to say *hello*!

Inside, I have been working on knitting some dishcloths...

The boys were working on their reading. Xavier was helping Jaxson sound out words. It made my heart sing! It sang louder when I noticed how Jaxson was sitting. He always crosses his legs like that, with his precious little foot with those perfect little toes, in the air, makes me smile!

Bread is rising, housework has been done, schooling has been *schooled* and creativity has been spilling out all over blank pages...







Supper, reading with the children and maybe some more knitting, is in store for the rest of the evening! I hope you have a great evening too! :)

Joyfully,
Katy :)
He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

11 comments:

  1. Katy,
    This post makes me joyful, too! What wonder it gives to enjoy the blessings that our God loads upon us....daily!
    Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post make your heart
    just jump for "Joy" all the
    blessings the Lord has given us
    each and every day...

    Warm Blessings
    Trish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy,
    Thank you for sharing it is such an encouragement to me, to read about your stories and journey. It is a blessing and inspiration to read your posts, as a single woman it gives me great insight and hope for the day when I will be blessed with a family of my own. Thank you so much for being a Titus 2 woman in my life through this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All looks so serene. I love the colour of your house, Katy.

    Blessings
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! :) And I love the things you love :)

    That means I also want to have chicken. But I was wondering if you could write a post about what you need to take care of chickens? What you do in winter time and so on. That would be great. :)

    From Cathrine who lives all the way in Norway who would like to go to the states some time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy

    I adore how the Lord's love overflows to us with mercy. His love for us will never change, it will be always be perfect, even though I am not!

    Katy, your home has such a cosy feel... love it!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posts always make me feel as if I've just sat through a short sermon. Your faith just flows through your words. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely post..
    have a blessed day..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy,

    Your blog is a blessing as you continue to encourage us to look to the Lord, to be thankful and to rejoice!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Katy ~ reading your blog and seeing the pictures of your family life bring back so very many sweet memories. I have 6 children (4 boys, 2 girls), and now I also have 4 grandchildren. The years when they were small and we were homeschooling are so special to me. Thank you. Thank you for taking me back in time for a few moments! Yours is a blog I've recommended to my daughters-in-law!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy