Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Beating Heart...

One of the most amazing revelations of God comes to us when we learn that it is in the everyday things of life that we realize the magnificent deity of Jesus Christ.
~Oswald Chambers
My Utmost for His Highest


Each day, each moment of our lives, we experience the gift of *choice*. We choose each and every thing we say, how we act and react. Of course, much happens to us which we have absolutely no control over...but we have a *choice* of how we will respond to these things.

I write...as someone who has chosen the wrong thing, many (many, many) times...to you, to encourage and embrace you, as a friend. I am learning, daily, that most often, my wrong choices have happened when I acted out of the center of self rather than prayerfully going to the One Who *knows* and *has known* the right choice (or praying about it but acting impatiently before knowing His answer). And my heart beats through the good and the bad. Each beat, another chance to right the wrongs and let God guide me through each and every decision.

The ultimate choice, in life, is the path you will walk along, where your journey takes place. There are only two paths. One leads through Jesus...the other does not. I know many, who say they are a Christian, but they live just with the title. They don't really have Jesus in their heart, within and working through them. They believe that they are a good person and that is good enough. Truly....it's *not* good enough. In no way do I sit in judgment of anyone...just true concern for their eternal destination...how I yearn for the words to say to these...that their soul may be saved and held, gently and lovingly by God for eternity....a constant prayer in my heart. And my heart beats...


I have been reading more about Amy Carmichael...and loving her in the midst of the words. How my heart cries out for children that don't have a warm, safe, loving home. I have a heavy and burdened heart for these little ones...not only in impoverished areas...but right here, in our homeland. I have three beautiful children...each one whom I am overly thankful for and in complete love with. I have, though, always wanted more.

My heart wants to provide for children who need a mother. I would fill this house to over-flowing with children...with love and security for each of them. If my heart is knitted together, this way, by our Creator...then I will always keep it open for whatever His plans may be. I will raise my children to the absolute best of my ability...leaning on Him every step of the way. And if or when He calls me...be it here or wherever He bids, I will go. **And I would never do anything against my dear husband's wishes...I will do as God leads, knowing He will make the desires of Chris's heart to go that way as well...or I will know it is not from God.**

"Father, hear us, we are praying,
Hear the words our hearts are saying,
We are praying for our children.
Keep them from the powers of evil,
From the secret, hidden peril..."

~Amy Carmichael

Each and every second, of every minute, of every hour, of every day...my heart beats...over-flowing with love for these three beautiful treasures...


The snow is still falling here in PA. Although I feel it has long over-stayed its welcome, I must admit that it is pretty...millions of perfectly formed, unique snowflakes falling gently to the ground. :)
Home, at a distance...

As I mentioned HERE, I had to take my van in to a Ford garage due to a recall. My mother-in-love graciously watched the children for me. They *helped* her and Pa at the meat market while I was away. When I got there...the boys were out walking in the snow and Madelyn was helping Ma change the letters on the sign, out front.

Look at how she crinkles her nose up like that...isn't it cute? I love it!


At home, chickens have left their marks in the snow...


Little ones take a much needed rest...

Artwork is displayed for all to see....


And before I go, I want to ask for prayers for my sister. Each of us mamas know the difficulties and heart-trying times of trial and error...along with sleepless nights~leaving a new mother weary and fatigued to care for and love her new little one. She is doing an absolutely wonderful job...but with your first child there are always questions and uncertainties....life lessons to learn *and* un-learn. Let's support each other as mothers...and women. Praying to our Abba, Father is the best thing we can do for each other! :)

Thank-you...and here's my warm, beating heart pumping love and joy to each of you! May you find encouragement here...I pray God uses me, daily.
Love and gentle smiles,
Katy :)


He must increase, but I must decrease. ~John 3:30

11 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of your sweet kids, especially the one with the crinkled up nose. :) I'm praying for you sister. I slipped over and read the problem she's having with little Eloise nursing. Hope it's better soon.

    My sister Eloise is in the hospital in ICU with a concussion and bleeding on the brain from a fall she had last Sunday. If you could say a prayer for her I'd appreciate it.

    GrannyJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Katy!

    Prayers for your sister as well. The first child is always the hardest because you feel so inexperienced and unprepared (no matter how many parenting books you read!)

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember some really tough days when Megan was a baby. The exhaustion just seemed to compound everything. I will be lifing Devon up in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a warm and tender heart.

    Praying for your sister...

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will say a prayer for Nen, even though it's been 19 yrs. I can so clearly remember the stress of a colicky baby and the sleepless nights. It was then that my fibromyalgia began, of course I would NOT change it for the world, my son is my total joy, but I do know it is a big adjustment:) beautiful pics, everything here in NW pa is under a brand new layer of snow as well *sigh* BUT....spring will come, and what a welcome sight she will be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi katy,
    praying for your sister!
    love regina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katy! Another wonderful post today...your writing is always so uplifting. I appreciate your love for Jesus and your desire to share Him with all of us. You Bless my days! Love seeing photos of your home and adorable children...they are growing fast. Thank you so much for sharing. Take Care and God Bless! Donna, gmills4@suddenlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! :) I too love our children sooo much. I see over and over again how some children are in such need....need of attention, need of love and need of support. It is so sad.

    Praying for your sister too.

    Come say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy~ what you said really rang true with something my father said at my brothers funeral. Out of the blue he said he knew he was in Heaven because you know he was a good guy and oh he never killed anyone and he always went to Church (My entire family is Catholic) their religion teaches that as long as you are good and attend church you will go to Heaven. I felt so saddend by what he said that I ended up writing a letter to my entire family about being saved by Christ.Never go a reply from any of them!!
    Blessings,JOann

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy