Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's October!


Mmm! The sweetness of October! The ever-changing colors of the trees...red, yellow, gold, brown (with some green leaves still hanging on). The colors are absolutely gorgeous and declare God's beauty in creation! The sweet smells of autumn fill the crisp air and I feel completely blessed to be able to enjoy it! :)

"Just before the death of flowers,
And before they are buried in the snow,
There comes a festival season,
When nature is all aglow."
~Author Unknown

Since it can be awfully chilly to keep the doors and windows open these fall days, we have to mimic that lovely outdoor fragrance in-side with candles!


The children (along with our hours of schoolwork each morning and then chores in the afternoon) spend time playing outside (when the weather allows), coloring/drawing, watching movies from time-to-time and playing legos...




 In Madelyn's Keepers of the Faith class (in our homeschool co-op) they are making hook rugs! She really loves it!



She also has fun playing around on our little keyboard. We hope (one day) to get a piano. She would like to have lessons!



And just a few photos around the house (nothing overly exciting but I know some people enjoy seeing them!)...

The bathroom (with a Mary Engelbreit theme)...





In the kitchen, the dishwasher is still not hooked up yet (obvious from the load of dishes drying in the dishrack). It's *here* but not hooked up. We have ordered and are waiting for the counter top to come for above it...and then Chris will get it all hooked up! I can't wait...



Right now, I have supper cooking...we are having hamburger stroganoff, noodles and sweet corn (on the cob ~ from the Amish). I gotta keep working on it!

 I hope you have had a beautiful start to October. Thanks, so much, for visiting me here today! :)

Warmly,
Katy

3 comments:

  1. Happy October to you! It is really starting to feel like fall here. Yeah!

    I hope you get your dishwasher and counter taken care of soon. I dislike it when my kitchen isn't together.

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy~ love this post, you are so blessed to have cool weather here we are in the San Joaquin valley of CA and the first 2 days of October it's been 100'. I am praying for cool weather soon. I especially love the pictures of your kitchen dishes in the sink and all, it makes me encouraged that one day my kitchen will be as clean as that :)
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Katy!

    Your all's festival looks like so much fun! We also enjoyed some gorgeous Fall color this past weekend. We drove from our home in Louisville to Granville, Oh (watched our oldest play football), then spent the weekend with him in Wooster. Also got to enjoy their Fall festival "Woosterfest." I'm just filled with so much gratitude for our gifts from Our Father!! AND this glorious color this season....all I could say this weekend was "Just beautiful!" (:

    I'm thankful for you too, Katy. It would be so nice to meet you personally. You're such a lovely person - - not perfect (; - - who is?!
    Lovely; none-the-less. I appreciate all that you share on your blog. It's always such a nice visit!

    Smiles and well wishes to you my friend! (:

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy