Thursday, October 18, 2012

♥♥♥More Autumn at Home♥♥♥

Impromptu photos in the house on a sunny October day...



(notice things are a bit disorderly...truly, this was completely impromptu!)


(notice my water bottles, ready to be filled the next morning for spin class...yes, I take two water bottles...I get quite thirsty during the workout!)




Outside, the colors of autumn...



Clothes drying in the autumn sunshine...





 A valiant warrior...


And a lovely cloaked lass carrying water to the goats...



And I can't think of a better way to be reading God's Word than wrapped in an autumn fleece!


Autumn carries more gold in its hand than all the other seasons. 
~ Jim Bishop

I have a roast (with onions and potatoes) slowly cooking away in the crock pot right now. It smells delicious! I have been working on knitting and the children have been playing the afternoon away. Rain should be on its way at some point this evening...I have every hope of sharing supper and warm talks with my husband and children tonight...followed by knitting and some time reading a good book...then, Lord willing, I will turn in for the night, tucked under a couple quilts for a nice, deep sleep.

We were able to visit with my sister and Eloise yesterday...I hope to share that with you all sometime soon! I pray autumn is as beautiful where you are as it is here. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Warmly,
Katy

12 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing photos of your home ~ such lovely photos for a fresh Autumn day! We are enjoying lovely weather here and I am so thankful for the crisper weather and the colours that are everywhere!

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check and read your blog every day. I am a 60 year old with grandbabies one is a newborn. Oh how I love the newborn stage!
    With all the cooing and sweet baby noise is the most beautiful sound ever.
    Your kitchen looks nice with your new sink and dish washer

    Pamela
    Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing, all photos are just lovely, blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog and seeing the beautiful pics of your home and the children.

    We have been getting rain since yesterday afternoon. It stopped for a bit this morning and has moved back in the wind is blowing and we are snuggled in for the evening. Hubby is working and we won't see him till morning so tonight we will watch a Christmas movie and just spend some quiet time together.

    Enjoy your evening and bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Katy. I haven't e-mailed you in a long time, and that was only once. I'm the crafter who lives in Lee's Summit, Mo, married with a grown daughter. Just wanted you to know I still check in on your blog about every other day to see what's going on. I always enjoy your posts and pictures of your home and the children. I've been following your kitchen updates and your weight loss and say congratulations for a job well done on both accounts. Reading your posts always bring me back to what is important in life--God, family and home. May He continue to bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful day... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. j'adore merveilleuses ces photos !
    bisous de France

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, Katy??? "Disorderly"??? Looks lovely, warm and inviting to me!!!! And homey!!! :) Keep those "everyday" photos coming - love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been popping in on your blog off and on for a while now. It is a very precious blog, and I enjoy it very much. I love the pictures of your house... and I can not see any disorder.... it is all so cozy. Its funny because I have a roast in the oven tonight (I realize this is friday, and you cooked your roast yesterday, but it made me feel so homey reading about your roast in the crockpot and having my roast cooking away in the oven; seeing your precious home and thinking of your crocheting; it is all delightful... I haven't crocheted all summer, but perhaps I will get the urge after I am done blogging this evening.

    Blessings,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home looks so cozy and warm!! Just makes me want to curl up with a book!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home looks so cozy and warm!! Just makes me want to curl up with a book!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home looks so cozy and warm!! Just makes me want to curl up with a book!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy