Friday, October 5, 2012

Beautiful Autumn!



A few highlights from my daily morning reading from Charles Haddon Spurgeon (Morning & Evening p.558):

"All the strength supplied to us by our gracious God is meant for service, not for wantonness or boasting...

Some Christians are for living on Christ, but are not so anxious to live for Christ. Earth should be a preparation for heaven; and heaven is the place where saints feast and work most....

Believer, in the strength you daily gain from Christ labour for Him."



I found conviction and encouragement from that passage that I read today in my daily devotions. What I typed out above is just a snippet from the whole reading....just a few places I highlighted and thought you may glean from as well. :)


Autumn is in all it's splendor in western PA!



Last night, Chris and I got to go on a *date*....truth be told, it wasn't really a date..but we did go (just the two of us) to the hospital in the next town over to visit our good friends who just had their third child and first daughter! :) It was nice being with Chris ~ I love when I get him all to myself! ;) It was also wonderful to hold this newborn gift from God! I was in mama-heaven. My sister-in-love is having her baby boy in a couple weeks and then my sister is due at the very beginning of January 2013 with *her* new baby (and then another friend due next year too!)...so between friends and family, I have ample opportunities to snuggle some wee ones! 


I need to get some clothes out on the lines to dry...today it is suppose to be nice but this weekend is suppose to be super-cold and rainy...so I want to get some things drying outside while I can! 

Before I go, I just want to share this beautiful dish towel my friend Kelly made me! I received a surprise package in the mail yesterday and she had sent homemade soaps and this beautiful towel that she made. It was an absolutely lovely surprise and blessed me immensely!!! 


Well, I gotta run. Thank you for stopping by today!

Thank you all for your incredibly kind and supportive comments on my previous post! It's a journey (to get healthy) and I praise God for His strength and goodness that He gives to me. He is so good to me and I don't deserve it...but I am truly grateful.

Chris is *hopefully* getting the dishwasher all hooked up this weekend! I will be sure to post about it soon!

Have a great weekend!!!

Warmly,
Katy

3 comments:

  1. What a nice surprise to get in the mail! I would hang that towel over my oven handle... it'd be pretty handy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That passage was lovely, a great way to start your morning. I love starting my mornings with a good read and devotional. :)

    I wish the Fall would come here to San Diego and be active, but we are all still in flip flops,shorts, and tanks. If only..I guess. Someone told me it was supposed to be a cold winter so I am hoping when that time comes it's true. :)

    Happy Friday!

    -Ashlee Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy, I also wanted to tell you that I think what you did about posting the success you have had was marvelous. We all need one another to run this race. Fall is amazing in His colors of such majesty and art!
    Very cold today in Colorado we have the wood stove going to keep warm, now it will be going until spring:(
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy