Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Little More Autumn...

There is a harmony 
In autumn, and a lustre in its sky, 
Which through the summer is not heard or seen, 
As if it could not be, as if it had not been! 
- Percy Bysshe Shelley


The children making paths in the leaves to drive and run through...




I have a secret admirer who calls me mommy ~ I'll give you three guesses ;)...


We have been putting the dishwasher to good use! It is a wonderful blessing!


Supper last night was homemade rolls and sloppy joes (I had a salad)...


Jaxson bought (with his own money that he saved up) a Lord of the Rings Lego set to go along with one he had previously been gifted with! He and Madelyn had a lot of fun putting the things together and he is playing with them (and has been for a while) even as I type!



The human soul is slow to discover the real excellence of things given to us by a bountiful Creator, and not until the shadows of death begin to gather around the object that we love, do we see its worth and beauty. Autumn is the dim shadow that clusters about the sweet, precious things that God has created in the realm of nature. While it robs them of life, it tears away the veil and reveals the golden gem of beauty and sweetness. Beauty lurks in all the dim old aisles of nature, and we discover it at last.
 ~Northern Advocate

Today is absolutely gorgeous...the sun is out and the sky is clear. It's not too cold nor hot and everything around me screams *fall*! The trees are stunning in their autumnal splendor! Pure beauty, truly! :) Madelyn and X are outside playing in the front yard and I need to start preparing supper soon...but I thought I would just pop in for a quick *hello*! :)

This day has been full for me (which I love but is exhausting!). My day started at 3:50am. I woke up and realized there was no point in trying to go back to sleep as I get up around 4 or 4:30am anyway (naturally). I went to spin class at 6am and then came home to shower, get Chris's lunch prepared, have breakfast, and then do prayer, catechism and schooling with the children. After schooling, we had our lunch and then had to run to Walmart. I rarely go there...but with the gorgeous day ~ we decided to make the trip to the next town over. Now we are home and unwinding a bit...my mom stopped by for a quick visit and then I enjoyed a chat on the phone with my sister. Xavier and I are going to read together a bit and then I am going to get hopping with supper! :)

I hope your day is just as beautiful as mine is here! We got the movie "Snow White and the Huntsman" on DVD through Netflix to watch, hopefully, later this evening. I am hoping it is a good movie and isn't full of inappropriate things. I need to check out the reviews!
Thank you for stopping by!

Warmly,
Katy

6 comments:

  1. SO glad you're enjoying your dishwasher! I realize this might be a little late, but Focus on the Family has great thorough movie reviews, and I almost always agree with them (which implies we watch a lot of movies, but truthfully, *maybe* once a month, and then it's an old black and white from the library) here is a cut and paste to their review of Snow White http://www.pluggedin.com/videos/2012/q3/snow-white-and-the-huntsman.aspx

    Though of you as we're heading for Lehmans this weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a gorgeous day yesterday! Unfortunately, we didn't get outside very much to enjoy it as we also had a very busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There have been some great fall days here as well. I was sad that we couldn't be out enjoying it yesterday as one of the littles I watch is a little under the weather. I enjoyed seeing the kids in the leaves. My sister and I use to make roads and a town. I remember dragging out all of the baby doll things and playing house. Fun memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paths in the leaves cracks me up. :)

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dishwasher and new counter looks lovely, i was impressed with your wallpapering skill.
    As i sit here typing our milly is kindly stacking our dishwasher, i would not be without one now, yet it took me so long to make the decision. best wishes jackie x

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy