Friday, October 26, 2012

More Knitting & Visiting with a Friend!


I finished another pumpkin hat up the other day...a friend from spin class ~ who had ordered one for a baby boy ~ found out that the baby's brother wanted one too...so I made one for him too!


I also began (and soon after *finished*) a winter hat for Madelyn. It is made from the softest, most beautifully colored yarn! I loved watching how it came along round by round!



Madelyn loves it and I am thankful it will keep her head and ears warm over the blustery-cold winter months ahead...



Yesterday afternoon, after schooling and lunch were finished, an old friend from high school came by with a fun fall-building-kit for us all to do! It was similar to gingerbread house making but with chocolate cookies instead! These photos aren't in the right order (Blogger's photo upload thing-a-ma-jig has not been cooperative the past few months...) but they do capture the fun of the day!




A fall *tree* with leaves all around!....


 Below, Allison helping the children (I watched joyfully...enjoying seeing my children have such a great time...so my only contribution to the project was mixing up some more icing! I was also the picture-taker!)...






Finished, after two hours of extensive building and decorating! Here's a view of the one side...


And the other side (with the builder-extraordinares posing with their creation!)...my friend Allison, Jaxson, Xavier and Madelyn in the back...


Good friends are such a blessing, aren't they? :)

Weightloss update: 

I started spinning, now, five times a week. It feels great! I have lost a total of 43 lbs. so far. It seems to be slowing down a bit (the weight loss) but I am healthy....truly...so, so much healthier than I have been in a long time. I expected to hit a plateau or at least, slowing of the weight loss, anyway so I am just going to continue doing what I am doing. :o) It will come off in time.

Thanks for dropping by! I hope you all enjoy your weekend ahead!

Warmly,
Katy

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I must make some hats, some mittens, oh, the knitting I should do!

    Good to see what you've been doing.

    Congrats on the weight loss.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun with the cookie building! Glad Allison can come enjoy your kids! :)

    Mad's hat is cute... nice yarn!

    I am ROASTING today... HEAT WAVE, I tell ya! ick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been having a problem with uploading pictures in the right order too, but I thought it was just me. Did you know you can click on a picture and drag it to where you want it? That's what I do, just upload the pics, then click and drag to be in the correct order and add captions, or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! 43 lbs is a great weight loss. You should be proud of your accomplishment. Keep up the good work. As always, I enjoy your postings. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the weight loss. You probably aren't eating enough to go with the increased activity. Crazy as it sounds eat a little more and you will lose more. When you increase activity without calories your body thinks it is starving and tries to hang onto fat. I had the same thing happen when I went through my big weight loss.

    Great hats BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that pumpkin hat is the cutest! my daughter had a strawberry touque when she was a baby and I love it - your weight loss and commitment is inspiring! I tried spinning once and just about lost my lunch - it's no joke. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. that pumpkin hat is the cutest! my daughter had a strawberry touque when she was a baby and I love it - your weight loss and commitment is inspiring! I tried spinning once and just about lost my lunch - it's no joke. xo

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy