Sunday, December 25, 2011

Memories in Pictures

I am sitting here on this lovely, sunny December day (quite unusual for our area this time of year...I'm definitely not complaining though!). After a simple gift exchange at home and then church this morning, we went to have lunch at my parents' house and exchange gifts. We had a really nice time. I am relaxed at the moment...my toes are warm and snug in my new slippers from Chris. (He got me a pair last year and I wore them all year until he gave me this new pair, today!)


Yesterday, we enjoyed brunch at my sister and Cory's house. I made cinnamon rolls...we also had breakfast casserole, bacon, french toast casserole and juice. It was delicious! Unfortunately for Eloise, she had to eat some "garden greens" (thankfully, she didn't realize what she was missing with all the breakfast-goodness we had!).


When we arrived at their house, Eloise was napping. She awoke a little later and was (pleasantly) quite surprised at all the company she had!


Someday, Lord willing, I know this little man's feet will touch the floor when sitting on the sofa...so I wanted to capture a picture of X *before* that happens! :)


My three's little tootsies (they are all leaning on me at this time!)...


Madelyn and the Squeezle...


Eloise just loves her cousins. Although it pains me to admit this...she prefers them over me. Oh sadness...(although my children *love* that she loves them!)...


The boys (using Jaxson's shirt) were trying to teach El some colors!


Four little sweeties sitting on the floor...


My dad, opening a gift...


Grammie and Pop-Pop got my children whistles (what were they *thinking*!?!) I suggested that they would be great things to be kept to play with at *their* house! ;) ...



Eloise got a shopping cart from Grammie and Pop-Pop! She enjoyed pushing it some...but what she really liked to do was put things in it...take them out...then put them back in!



Truly, the best gift a person could get....


Grammie (aka: my mama) opening a gift...


Eloise wasn't always *this* into unwrapping her gifts...so I snapped a photo while I could!


Look at this face! Doesn't it make you want to just scoop her up and give her a big **squeeze**? It's why the nickname "Squeezle" really applies to her!


My Chris (if you hear a lovely sound around you...it's just my heart singing!)...


Xavier and Eloise playing with the same nativity set my sister and I used to play with when we were young...



My sweet girl...


Eloise, donning her new shoes from us (although she's been walking for months now...she usually does so in socks or slippers...so she isn't used to shoes)...




Uncle Chris and the "Squeeze"....


Today..after eating at my mom's...we took the children up to see a specific present Pop-Pop got for them (although the children didn't *know* why we were headed up there)...


Jaxson, collecting the eggs from Grammie's chickens...


And their gift? Another go-kart! Oh my, the children were excited! Each of them took a turn to sit in the driver's seat!




They brought the go-kart to our house...and the children are getting helmets on and ready to drive, as I type! I gotta get out there! :) I hope you all are enjoying a lovely weekend with friends and family. Thanks, so much, for dropping by! :)

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

5 comments:

  1. Katy,
    You must be so happy and proud of your lovely family, every one of them, especially those beautiful children. We are just starting Boxing Day here in Australia, even though all the present were opened yesterday (not sure if you have Boxing Day holiday over there). It will be a wind down day for us after a 3 1/2 hour drive up to Sydney for the day to be with the family and then home again last night. I always enjoy your posts.
    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely relaxed day you had!

    Another go kart! What fun!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you and your Family had a Blessed Day:)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy