Saturday, December 3, 2011

Wisdom from Ann and Anne

A bit of delicious-ness for you to drink in and enjoy for your weekend...

"Simplicity is ultimately a matter of focus." 
~ Ann Voskamp

"I know I chatter on far too much...but if you only knew how many things I want to say and don't. Give me some credit." 
~Anne Shirley

"Thanksgiving - giving thanks in everything - prepares the way that God might show us His fullest salvation in Christ." 
~ Ann Voskamp

"I know. I can't help flying up on the wings of anticipation. It's as glorious as soaring through a sunset...almost pays for the thud."
~Anne Shirley

"A life contemplating the blessings of Christ becomes a life acting the love of Christ."
~Ann Voskamp

"Babies are never common. Each one is a miracle."
~Anne Shirley

"Grace is alive, living waters. If I dam up the grace, hold the blessings tight, joy within dies...waters that have no life."
~Ann Voskamp

"Oh Marilla, such a Jonah day."
~Anne Shirley

“I don't really want more time; I just want enough time. Time to breathe deep and time to see real and time to laugh long, time to give You glory and rest deep and sing joy and just enough time in a day not to feel hounded, pressed, driven, or wild to get it all done-yesterday.” 
~Ann Voskamp


Two lovely Ann(e)'s with thought-provoking words of truth, love, humor, and inspiration! I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did!
Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful,truth filled words. Thanks katy!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Katie. As always you bring such joy and inspiration to us all. Have a great weekend
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katy! I love them all but the last one written by Ann Voskamp is my favorite. I am getting my journal and writing it down.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of those Ann(e)s have been so inspiring to me in my life. Glad you shared their words :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy