Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sweetness of Life

“The woman who makes a sweet, beautiful home, filling it with love and prayer and purity, is doing something better than anything else her hands could find to do beneath the skies.”
― J.R. MillerHome-Making


 Yesterday, the house seemed a bit dis-combob-ulated and I worked at getting it straightened up. Jaxson stayed with me but Madelyn and X went with Chris and some other family to go to Amish country to look at a mule that Chris's dad is getting. Her name is Dolly and the children said I am going to fall in love with her (and I am quite sure I definitely *will*).

I took a break from cleaning to make up some caramels for my brother-in-law and Chris's uncle. They had cut venison while I was down wrapping the meat and had tried my caramels. They loved them and thought a gift of caramels from me to each of them would be quite nice. We were getting together with Pa's family (all the brothers and their families etc.) so I got the caramels made in time to cool and be wrapped so I could take them last night.


After setting the caramels to cool and finishing some laundry and tidying in the house...I worked on some crocheting...


Sunday afternoon, as I mentioned HERE, the children got to ride their new go-kart. Smiles and laughter were abounding...






Jaxson's legs were a bit too short to reach the pedals...so Chris rode with him to push the pedals while Jaxson got to steer...


Both of them were laughing and giggling the whole time! Such fun times and great memories!


Chris had work off yesterday...so after getting back from seeing the mule (that I mentioned in the beginning of this post) he spent the daylight hours working on the wood shed. He finished putting the back on and also the one side!


Madelyn was helping him!


It is coming along quite nicely...and I am so thankful that the snow has held back...it's nice that Chris is able to have the time to get the shed finished! Loading the wood stove with dry wood will be much nicer than trying to keep it going with wet logs! :)


As I type, the children are watching Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I may join them soon. I really enjoy the Narnia movies! We just finished some buttermilk biscuits for breakfast and doing some housework. To help out a friend later, I will be going to watch her children for a bit. Other than that...time will be spent crocheting, reading and playing games with the children. A friend may stop to visit at some point, today, as well. :) An enjoyable day, truly! I hope yours is, as well!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blessed life to me :)
    Enjoyed seeing the pictures...Oh,now I wish I lived near the Amish. I admire their lifestyle so very much. I would love to spend sometime among them.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos of Chris and Jaxson on the go cart! These are the sweet memories of life!

    I know you cherish these kinds of moments as do I!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures make me smile :) it brings back memories of my brother n I getting our go cart many moons ago for Christmas also! Oh how we loved it! It was so much fun n we have many memories to cherish now from it! I think my mom n dad enjoyed it as much as we did! It made for great family time which is so important! I hope y'all r staying warm n enjoying your days! Many blessings to u n your!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to have a wood shed. I remember as a child getting wood out from under the tarps. Yuck!

    The go kart looks like fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Have a good day ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day. I haven't seen that Narnia movie yet, but I'm planning to.
    Have a great New Years eve and a fantastic beginning of 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katy,
    Is it possible to share how you made those lovely cinnamon swirls. They look delicious. so nice to see your children having so much fun with their go cart. Hope you get some time to just sit and crochet today.
    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy