Thursday, May 13, 2010

Simple Little Things

I lit my new oil lamp for the first time, yesterday! It looked so beautiful! As evening set in, it cast a lovely glow on the table! Then, during my quiet time with God, this morning, I read by lamp light.....

I am still working on knitting squares for the afghan I am making my sister and her husband. I must admit the knitted square in the picture below took me quite a while...it was so tedious. Alot of knitting and purling, back and forth....over and over. It was a truly difficult square for me to finish....but thankfully, it's done! :)

I started another square for the afghan and it is moving along a lot quicker! I am already significantly further than what is in this picture, that I took, yesterday. It has a SSK (slip slip knit) in it and that makes it a fun knit! :)

And...I have had the book, pictured below, for a few months. I bought it at Ross for $3.99! It's a great book with lots of tips and cleaning ideas! (I have a link to the book near the bottom on my right sidebar!) Well, I was browsing around on lehmans.com (love that store) and found the *same* book for $16.95! I was thrilled at what I saved!!! :) I must admit though...it is worth the bigger price! It has a lot of useful information! :) HERE is the link to the organizing website from the book's author!

And to round up this little post, about little things....we had tacos for supper last night! *yum*! What did you have for supper? :)

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does. If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.
~James 1:22-26 (emphasis mine)

8 comments:

  1. the squares looks lovely..I look forward to see each square..Its coming along nicely..
    love, love your lamp, so pretty..
    Have a blessed Thursday..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy,

    Love your lamp! I love the cozy glow of a lamp in the evenings! I go around turning on all of our lamps!

    Love your red spatterware too! I don't have plates, but I'd love to get some to eat out of! Oh, and we had tacos night before last, and then the left overs for lunch yesterday!

    How's the homeschooling going? Today is our "official last day" for this year, although learning really goes on all the time! :)

    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had pork chops, corn on the cob and baked potatoes for dinner last night. I am having an off day and have no idea what I am making tonight. I had better get with it!

    Your lamp is so pretty. I imagine it was very uplifting reading by it this morning. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,

    Can I just say that I love your dishes?? What are they made of ~ where did you get them? I have some blue speckled dishes, but I think they are a bit different. Anyway, I just love 'em!! Have a great day ~ another wet one in our neck of the woods!

    Blessings,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The squares are lovely and just the perfect color. Will be a great gift with lots of TLC put into it. Did you ring the diner bell for tacos? I like taco's but no one else here will eat them. Every thing looks so cozy. Oh my the verse can be a reminder. At times I should have held my own tounge down. God forgive me for those times. Alot of the stitcheries I stitched are verses to help keep me in check. They are all over the house. The more verses I read hopeful the better person I will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This lamp is a simple joy appreciated. I can feel your coziness thru the pics. Enjoy your worship times by lamp light. smiles, Ang

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have an oil lamp. I Just love to sit in the evenings with it on. It gives our home a very cosy feel. Love your dishes and knitted squares too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the afghan stuff is looking good!!!

    i'm in the mood for tacos. maybe i'll go to taco bell for lunch! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy