Sunday, May 16, 2010

On a beautiful Saturday......

.....Big Boss mows......


...Little boys work hard......

...and play hard....

...Mama hangs laundry....


...and Madelyn does too!

While Mama works on dishes.....

...Big Boss and Jaxson fall fast asleep in the chair, after a long day of working and playing!

Xavier, who is definitely "not tired", snuggles with Ruthie.....

...and soon drifts away to dreamland as well!

Saturday afternoon, my mom picked up Madelyn to take her to Massachusetts with her and my aunt. They (as well as *another* aunt and my grammie) were all going there to visit my *great* aunt! It was over an 8 hour drive! I am missing Madelyn...but I also know she is having a good time. I pray for her safety through the day and know she is under His care! I also know my mom and other family members will keep her safe! :)

Today (Sunday), I awoke to a beautiful day! The sun was shining and there was a wonderful breeze outside! We all got ready and went to church. Once home, I made hamburgers for lunch and got some homemade bread started for supper, later. Since my mom is away...we invited my dad over for supper. Before he arrived...we read and rested. The boys also played Wii for a little while. Then Big Boss *I'll explain that nickname below!* and X went on a bike ride! X has been begging his daddy to go with him on one, but Chris has been busy or exhausted from being busy at work each day....so today...before supper...Chris put his sneakers on and snuck outside and got his bike and then parked in the front yard and called for X....once X saw his daddy all ready for a bike ride, his face *lit* up!!! He was so excited and out he ran! :)

Here they are on their way home.....

My dad arrived for supper shortly after. I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn and homemade bread. I also made lemon bars for dessert (although, then, found out that my dad doesn't *like* lemon....or strawberries even! All my life I never realized this...although I have always known that he is quite picky!) We had a nice time and he stayed for a while. :)

Now...the boys are tucked in bed, although X seems to have a weird cough that is bothering him. I gave him some cough medicine and hopefully he feels better in the morning....Chris is playing basketball with his brother for a bit and I aim to head to bed directly! It's been a full and nice weekend and I am ready to snuggle under my quilts and hopefully get some reading in before my eyes refuse to stay open any longer! :)

***Quickly...before I go, though, I wanted to explain Chris' nickname around here.....*Big Boss*. ;) A while ago...(maybe a year or more) while joking with the children...Chris referred to himself as the "Big Boss Daddy"....and Big Boss has stuck. It's not used *all* the time...but we do use it....and it cracks me up when one of the kids refer to him that way! Sometimes I refer to him as that....especially when also speaking with or about the children...so I just wanted to mention that so people didn't wonder why in the world I was calling him that! ;)

I hope you each had a wonderful weekend. I know I did, and I am thankful for each moment of it (except maybe the part where I slept with my arms up under my pillow through the night and, although never officially diagnosed, carpal tunnel has been taking over my hands and arms, so I didn't sleep too well the other night due to my arms feeling funny randomly, on and off, through the night!)! *That was a super-long run-on sentence...hope you were able to follow it! ;)

Thank you so much for your encouraging comments and emails. They are each read and greatly appreciated! I ramble, some (or a lot), through my posts...at times, writing just as I would talk aloud, which in turn has me using lots of commas and dot-dot-dots. It's not always written *well* or *correctly*....so *thank you* for finding the time and energy to meander through my ramblings and such! I really do appreciate it! I hope you have a wonderful week ahead! :)

15 comments:

  1. You can tell from your posts your family means the world to you. And your truely thankful for them and of course God is the head of your life. May God send a healing touch to little X and You. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the peaceful weekend you describe!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy, such precious pictures! Hugs for a great new week. xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend. Rained here all weekend but got lots done in the house : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a full and happy weekend! I hung bedding outside yesterday and OH, the smell when I went to bed last night was just yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katy. What helps me at night when my wrists are acting up--cramping, tingling..whatever--I use wrist immobilizers. They are at Walmart for less than 10 bucks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great relaxing weekend!:0) We had beautiful weather as well yesterday and it looks like more of the same for the whole week!! Love your ramblings, and I love your love of your family and home, your a wonderful Godly woman and it comes thru your writings!! Have a very blessed week Katy!!~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy,your weekend sounds so wonderful.I really enjoy following your blog,it's very touching and inspirational.Your family is a blessing and you show that in many ways!
    Thanks for being ny 1st follower,that really means a lot.
    I have a question,how do you make a header with so many different pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sleep with a wrist wrap for my carpal tunnel. It does seem to help. I find that the more I do with my wrist the worse off I am. I know when I paint, stitch or knit that I will pay for it.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again...I love your life and how you tell us all about it. It's really endearing! Just presented you with a Sweet Blog Award over at my place! Your blog is really sweet and you deserve it!
    Blessings,
    Kelli @ SustainingCreativity

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad your weekend went well.

    Have a great week!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sweet spirit shows through each blog your post.....You are truly a Proverbs 31 women....."he children rise up and call her blessed." God bless and have a joyous day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading your "ramblings".

    You have a beautiful family. Sounds like a delightful weekend.

    I will safe a prayer for safe travels for your family.

    Take care Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love reading your "ramblings".

    You have a beautiful family. Sounds like a delightful weekend.

    I will safe a prayer for safe travels for your family.

    Take care Katy!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy