Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pictures from the last few days....

I am one who gets excited over the little things! :) It doesn't take much to put a huge smile on my face! For a while now, I have wanted to get a ceiling fan for in the kitchen. Lots of time is spent in there and in the summer, especially, it can get pretty warm in there. So, the kids and I took a drive to Lowe's and I was excited to find a fan that I really liked! :) Chris, being the darling that he is, put it up *that* evening! He knew I would be so giddy to get it up! Isn't he sweet? :)
It works beautifully and the lighting is much better than what we had before, both Chris and I agreed! :) Also while at Lowe's....a couple baskets caught my eye...

Aren't they fantastic with the little chalkboards on them?? I used one to keep my Mrs. Meyer's cleaning products in...and the other one worked perfectly for all my recipe books! :)

I used chalk on them...which smudges anytime one of my children gets the urge to touch the chalkboard on them! So I need to look and find some of those chalk markers I have heard about on various blogs. :)

The girls are doing well....they are running in the picture below! They are following me and, I guess, thinking that I am going to give them *more* food. Sometimes I really feel like the pied piper! ;)


*One* of the girls (although I don't know *which* one it is) is laying quite little eggs. Below is a picture of the eggs after I washed them. Notice the regular ones and then the two little wee ones! ;)


Fitty and Stu are doing well. (Fitty the sheep and little lamb Stu). It's so funny...if you go outside and talk to them...they Baaa right back to you! ;) Fitty is getting less timid around us. Below, I put my hand out and she started licking (and nibbling) on my fingers!!! :)

Our days have been full and enjoyable! We finished our last day of homeschooling for this schoolyear, yesterday! The kids have been out playing a lot, enjoying the sunshine! Right now, as I sit here with the windows open, I hear birds chirping and singing away! It is so beautiful and makes my heart glad!


I hope you live each day enjoying the seemingly small moments in your life...because each are a gift and add joy to your heart. Sometimes, I fear, so many people miss those. Be continuously thankful because living with a thankful heart is, in my opinion, the best way to live. The One who made you, and loves you, provides for you. Always have faith. Always trust. Give those heavy loads and burdens to Him...don't worry...He can handle them. He *wants* them. Give them up and live in peace and comfort knowing that He is in charge and always has your ultimate best in mind. We don't always know *what* will come our way...but our Father does. He'll see you through these hurdles and can carry you through them, if you let Him. :) We are God's children...so there is nothing left to fear!

because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.
~Romans 8:14-16

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
~Philippians 4:6-7


And before I go...I wanted to share a dessert with you that I made and was a hit with family and friends! It is called Bostom Cream Pie Minis! Yum! :) You can find the recipe for them HERE.

This is my 800th post! I guess I have had an awful lot to talk about over the past few years! It means so much to me that so many of you take time out of your day to read my posts and share your thoughts with me! Thank you! ;)
Best wishes for a warm and enjoyable Wednesday! I have lots to accomplish...I am sure you do as well! :)
Until next time........

Katy

12 comments:

  1. Wow, Katy, what a fun post ~ I hope I can remember everything I want to say! :-)

    I love love love those baskets ~ just darling and fun!! What a neat and charming way to house different things in your home!

    Those treats...yummo!!

    Oh, and great job on finishing your homeschooling year ~ yea!!

    Have a blessed day, Katy!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. if i wasn't so sick... i'd ask you to SAVE ME A BOSTON CREME PIE! but i don't ever want to eat cake or ice cream again!! seriously.

    cute baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 800th post! I have a ceiling fan in my kitchen that I use very often. It gets hot in there when we are cooking! It gets dirty very easily and I'm not very good at keeping it clean, but it is a great thing to have! I love the clotheline post below... your daughter is so cute hanging out her own clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post:) I love those baskets and your fan looks great! I have some of the Mrs. Meyers dish soap in lavender and I am becoming addicted to the smell! Stu and Fitty are too cute, I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 800th post!! I think you have a beautiful blog and I so enjoy reading and seeing all your pictures! You seem to be living a very joyful and blessed life!
    Oh, and those Boston Cream Pies...yeah, they look amazing!!
    Blessings,
    Kelli @ SustainingCreativity

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stopping by for a visit. If life seems to being spinning out of control I can stop by and remember to breath and enjoy the simple things.

    Congrats on you 800th post! Cute, cute baskets. Chuck is planning to stop by Lowe's tonight. I just might have to ride along and check out the baskets.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness!! we must like the same things because I bought the same fan for my kitchen ceiling.. had it for a few months now and LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your baskets are nice. I homeschooled many years ago. I think it great that you are teaching your children. Happy Mothers Day to you. I know what you mean about the girls following you. Our ducks do the same. I have enjoyed your post. Sharing God's word with others can touch a heart that is in a valley and help to remind them to look up again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy, beautiful post. I need to get those baskets. I love the fact that you get excited over little things. I do too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the baskets!
    No fair on the finished with homeschooling for the year comment! :/ Just kidding. We are *almost* finished..just 3 more subjects after this week.
    Loved the farm pictures.
    God Bless,
    NaturalMama

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your 800th post! That's amazing! I will be there some day...maybe? I love your ceiling fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy what a precious time I had walking and listening to what you had to say! Loved your chickens!!! That little egg is the sweetest!

    Thank you for the word! It was a blessing to my heart, I love it that you always share truth for us to cling to.

    800 posts!?!?!?! Wow that is a lot of typing....... you are so fun Katy!

    You are a sweetie, I left with a "happy heart"!

    Blessings, Linda
    P.S. I have a little drawing going on, come over! Today is National Day of Pray sooo wanted to do something special.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy