Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Here Fitty, Fitty!

Oh my goodness....I was *so* surprised when I got this picture of Fitty......


Isn't it great?? I hadn't realized she had stuck her tongue out when I took the picture, until I uploaded it!!! It makes me laugh! ;)

Fitty has become quite the pretty sheep! When we first got her...she had a lot of extra wool/fur. It kind of hung off her and was really unattractive. But she has now, thankfully, shed her winter coat and is beautiful! :) I love her few little brown spots ~ that I hadn't even realized she had previously!


Sweet baby Stu is doing well! She has grown so much in the past month and a half! She is as cute as ever. :) Her and Fitty seem to be comfortable with each other and I'm so glad they have each other so neither one is lonely!


The *girls* are laying nicely for us. Lots of fresh eggs for us to enjoy! We feed them...and in return, they feed us! It's a nice arrangement we have going on! ;)

All three of the children will collect the eggs...but Jaxson does it the most. He loves to do it! :) Sometimes, his overly anxious self, will run out to get them and forget the basket...so he starts carrying them in a little pouch he will make with his shirt! I always send him back out with a basket to get the rest! :)

Well, I need to get moving! Today is a busy day....it's grocery day! I need to make up my menu and grocery list and then get groceries. I also have laundry to fold and put away, dishes to do, and floors to sweep! :)

OH! And before I go....I wanted to mention, I finished the book I was reading by A.W. Tozer (Reclaiming Christianity), that I had mentioned in my last post. I am now starting the book For the Children's Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay...and, on the shelf, awaiting to be read, I have A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George! Have you read either of those? I would love to hear what you thought about them! :)

I hope you have a great Wednesday...enjoy each moment! :)
Joyfully,
Katy

10 comments:

  1. Fitty was probably just tired of having her photo taken and stuck her tongue out at you on purpose... I know I would! LOL!! She does look so sweet now that she has shed her winter wool...

    We need to convince Chris that they are worth wintering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Fitty she has spunk! What fun your children are having being around the animals...I only wish we had the room for a few here, but I am not complainning we have 2 dogs and they keep us plenty busy :O) Y'all have a great Wednesday! Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww..really cute pic of the sheep with her tongue out.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the animals!!
    I have A Woman After God's Own Heart and even though it's been years since I read it, I remember really enjoying it! I'm dying to know if you've got your Homesteading Videos yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, A Lovely day there! I Love all your daily adventures in your yard and home! I have reada many of Elizabeth George's books, I love to read and she is a favorite I discover a few yrs ago. I truely have been enriched by her writing. I saw the other day that you started a bible study that I have but have not used yet. I pulled it out to try to get started on it with you. I am commenting now b/c I thought of you several times after reading your post, thinking about how much you will love her writing. I am glad you have her Woman after God's heart book, you are already that kind of woman. I bet you would like these others too...A Woman's High calling, Beautiful in God's eyes, A Woman's walk with God and Loving God with all your mind. She has lots others and a good one over prayer that you would like b/c she gives detailed tips on making it organized like you would. These are some I have and reread to keep me on the road Christ has prepared for me. Sorry to name so many but her writting is inspiring and ones I will always keep on my self. I have actually been in need of her encouragement to walk closer to our Lord, lately. Thank you for the reminder. She has a lovely way to inspire that deeper seeking of those seeds needed for strong roots.
    Smiles, Angelia in TX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your blog Katy. I've been following it for just a little while and have been very inspired by your sweet heart and the reflections you share with all of us. Your family is just darling including your adorable animals.

    I have read "A Woman After God's Own Heart" and it truly changed my marriage. Elisabeth George really emphasizes analyzing yourself as a wife and mother with a servant heart. I think you'll really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did a Bible Study a few years ago with A Woman After God's Own Heart. VERY good! I bet you'll love it. I'm thinking about getting the Tozer one.

    Cute pictures of the animals! My dad grew up on a farm in Zelienople, PA. It makes me think of him and my grandparents. Not that you're on a farm or anything. Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwww they are so cute and glad they have each other ....
    love all the pics..

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL - now that is a great pix of Fitty! They're both really cute. I'd say that was a pretty good arrangement you have going on with those chickens~smile!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our chickens have been on a bit of a strike--and haven't laid eggs in a couple weeks. I wonder if it's because it's 90something degrees.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy