Friday, May 14, 2010

Bloomin' Flowers!

If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom.
~Terri Guillemets



The kids and I went to a greenhouse today! I have never been to this greenhouse before...but my mom and mother-in-love have each told me how lovely it is! I needed to get some tomato plants for the garden...and I figured I would look around at all their flowers as well!

It was absolutely beautiful. They had lots and lots of greenhouses there, holding lots of gorgeous flowers! My heart jumped as I looked around! **They also had wonderful prices...which I loved as well!* The only bad part was the fact that it was so hot in the individual houses...just as a greenhouse should be...but it was *super* hot! The kids' cheeks were turning red as we walked through the rows!

If I had had places to plant more flowers, I would have bought even more than I did! It is my firm belief that you can never have too many flowers planted around your home! :)

I let the children each pick out flowers to plant...which they were thrilled about! :)


Finally, we had to leave....but I really wanted to stay! I look forward to going back sometime soon. It was a beautiful place to buy flowers! :)

Once home, we planted flowers that Xavier picked out, in the big crock below! I believe they are petunias! The kids got busy planting their flowers.....

The mug X is holding in the picture below, was made for Chris, by my mom! It got a chip in it though :( so Mom made him another....and as I was looking around for things to plant flowers in...I thought this would be a *great* idea! So X planted a pansy in it!!! :)

Madelyn doing some planting....

Jax *and monkey too* planted a flower....


Some flowers I planted...I love the pink and white together! :)

Flowers love a drink on a warm, spring day! :)

Madelyn planted some flowers in a small, old bowl that we had. *I need more crocks! ;)* And I set it on my scripture stone.

Now...a bit drained from the sun...everyone is resting in the shade and coolness of the house. I'm sure once everyone cools off a bit, the kids will be right back outside again...running, playing, jumping. :)

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;
~Song of Solomon 2:10-12

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit! From the thousands of blogs out there, I truly appreciate you stopped at mine for a time. I hope you each have a wonderful weekend! :)

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
~1 Thess. 5:16-18

18 comments:

  1. Oh...how pretty! I love these pictures of the flowers in the nursery. But the pictures of your children planting flowers are just precious!

    Thanks so much for dropping by! By the way, I just posted a video of a bee visiting the flower. I bet your kiddos would like to see it. I couldn't get it to process in time for the original post. :o)

    I love flower pictures and flowers in general! This was a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty flowers, it's great that your little ones are enjoying gardening:) Love the idea of old crocks for planters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty flowers, makes me want to get out and plant flowers now too!

    Out of all the thousands of blogs out there, yours is one of my absolute favorites! Thanks for thanking the time to blog! :)

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them...the flowers are almost as beautiful as your family...glad you enjoy life like we should...Peace, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Scripture stone ~ so very neat!! Flowers are beautiful...looks like the kiddos had a good time! At first when the post opened up, I was thinking that was *your* greenhouse...I was like WOW! lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flowers!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your sweet comments!

    Melinda...you are making me *blush*...thank you for your encouragement!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some time was spent planting here this evening. I also agree that there can never be to many flowers. They just make my heart sing!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same thought. Never to many flowers. I have been asked - dont't you have enough? Glad to find you others who love flowers and planting. Pics of kids planting are so so precious. Got to tell you I visited a greenhouse last spring and was stopped from going past the first one to look. Was told there was a little of everything in the first one and their insurance would not cover people in the other ones. Have you ever heard of such a thing? Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww how cute! I love how your children share your love for planting. This was a refreshing post - thanks so much!

    I have an award for you on my blog. =) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how wonderful. I've never been to such a greenhouse in my whole life - and now I would so love to. It's so tempting these day. The flowers looked gorgeous. Your kids must have enjoyed the experience. BTW, I love your blog and all the wise citations. Have a wonderful weekend. :) Petra

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fun day! flowers always make me cheerful!
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like the one planted in the mug! fun!

    mad reminds me of the scientist from back to the future in that top pic with her hair sticking out under her hat. LOL.. gave me a chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too, Love flowers....My back area is beginning to be covered..I also, plant in everything. More than the flowers I loved the way your family had an opportunity to enjoy this part of your daily routine together... God bless you and your kids and continue to teach them in the Lord...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too, Love flowers....My back area is beginning to be covered..I also, plant in everything. More than the flowers I loved the way your family had an opportunity to enjoy this part of your daily routine together... God bless you and your kids and continue to teach them in the Lord...

    ReplyDelete
  16. OooooOoh what a HAPPY POST.
    THESE PICS are my absolute favorite TO DATE!! AWESOME!!!. lol

    Love that ROCK TOO that you have with Jer on it! whoohoooo

    HAPPY GARDENING KATY!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. how lovely..I love flowers, although i dont like to garden..lol..weird...
    it always lifts my soul to come here...
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy