Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mini-Wagon Train

Some friends of Chris's family and also some of Chris's family took the horses and buggies and such out Sunday afternoon for a ride followed by a picnic. Chris, my mom and my cousin Molly rode along as well. My kiddos went and rode in the carriages! Above is a pic of Matt and Malachi (the horses) and Jaxson's holding the reins...this is when they had gotten back. The other men in the buggy are Chris's uncles. :)

Below is my mom in front, riding on her new horse, Willy, and Molly (my cousin) riding Coby behind. They just came down the big hill...and before that through the woods that runs behind my house.

For most of the trip, Madelyn rode in the wagons and buggies...but on the way back...she got to ride with Molly some!



Chris enjoyed the trip as well....here he comes riding in on Super....


Jaxson enjoying a lil snack of raisins before the picnic (he had fallen asleep during the wagon ride! hehe).....*oh...and if you are wondering...under his overalls...his shirt says "Satan is a Poo-Poo Head"...ahahaha!*.....

My very *best* friend....so so handsome standing there ;) with Super.....

Xavier after they got back....hanging around the food table...that boy was hun-gry and ready to *eat*!

A close up picture of my mom's new horse, Willy. Isn't he pretty??? Mom said he did great on the trip!

The picnic afterwards was fun as well. My MIL made stew and biscuits and I brought some of my homemade buttermilk biscuits as well. :) I think everyone had a nice time of good conversation and fellowship.

And I snapped this beautiful pic that evening as well. Don't you just love scenes like that? To me, it is always such a wonderful reminder of God's beauty and light. The truth breaking through the darkness.

So far this morning...it has been a productive day and I am sooo thankful as yesterday wasn't as great of a day for me. Schooling is done (and went well), clothes are out on the line, chickens are watered and fed, kids chores are done, and bed sheets are changed. More housework to do....so I should get going!

Chris is under*the*weather with a bit of a cold/sinus thing going on. He is achy and just plain feels *bad*. He is still at work....so if you have time today...prayers are very much appreciated! :) It can be sooo hard to get through your responsibilities in a day when you feel so bad...we are all familiar with that, right? I prayed over him this morning and will continue to pray for him through the day. He is such a good provider and truly my *best* friend!

Thanks so much for stopping by. The comments and thoughts you each share with me are so thoughtful and heart warming. I truly appreciate each one! :) I hope you are all having a lovely start to your week!

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time!! I hope Chris feels better soon. I'll keep him in my prayers. I love the last picture. When I was a kid I used to tell my Mom that was angels traveling back and forth to earth from heaven on the sunbeams! He he he!! :) Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will keep your hubby in my prayers! The horses are so beautiful, hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Chris feels better.

    The pic of X, the one of Maddy on the horse and the one of Jax are SO STINKIN' CUTE. The one of Chris holding onto Super was really nice too.

    I'm glad you are having a good day.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of going for a little wagon ride and then sharing a meal with those I love! How fun!

    Glad your day is going better and I hope Chris is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to add that I think the picture of Jaxson is adorable. He certainly looks like a little farmer boy! In about 20 years I might have a little country girl to introduce him to. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. you children are adorable! Love the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun way to spend a Sunday. hope hubby feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a very fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon with loved ones.

    Hope your hubby is feeling better and the rest of you are able to stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that looks sooo fun!! I love the pic of Xavier at the bottom! He looks so cute, with his collar pulled up! My brother does that a lot. Sometimes, he even gets ME to do it...LOL Glad you had fun!

    Bye!

    Love, Joy =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Katy!! Looks like you guys had soo much fun!! I`m so sorry about your poor hubby not feeling well yesterday.I hope he`s feeling better today:)
    I just have to ask where you got that shirt for your son? I think that`s so funny and exactly what you`d hear a child say!!Lol!
    Thanks again for sharing the great pics and pics of your beautiful family with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very rarely have people made me wish I lived in their hometowns but Katy, you sure do! I love the life you guys live.

    I think all the horses are beautiful. I love horses but Gary doesn't so we don't have any (to my dismay). I think your mom is so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your life looks wonderful! Are those Haflingers that are attached to the wagon? I am leasing one right now, and she is the best horse! I really enjoyed your site!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy