Wednesday, September 23, 2009

9 yrs with my very best friend!

Today, Chris and I celebrate 9 beautiful years of marriage. I honestly cannot imagine a more perfect union between two people than the one we have. It's just that God knew exactly who I needed and brought him to me. I will be forever grateful.


To some, 9 years of marriage may not seem like a very long time, but considering I am 28 years old....9 years is almost a third of my lifetime! :) He truly is my *very* best friend and I can't imagine my life without him.

When we got married, I was 19 and so nervous. Chris was 21 and I know he was so nervous too! Here you are...pledging your life and very being to another person...in front of God and family and friends! But I knew *he* was the one for me...I knew from the very first time I kissed him....and I actually told him that right then! Now...if there is something to scare a guy off...it's to tell him that you know you will marry him someday right after your first kiss!!! But he knew it too...and there was just such a sense of peace and belonging...and that has just grown over the years!

He makes my heart go *pitter-patter* and each day I continually strive to please him. Although, thankfully, it's not something I have to strive too hard for...he is so loving and understanding. Even when I think something I have done it not "good enough"...he thinks it is great. When I worry over something...he is there to give me peace. God is so amazing and wonderful. I could never thank Him enough for putting such a wonderful mate in my life!


I wish you each were here....to talk with Chris. Oh what a personality he has! The pictures don't give a true account of who Chris really is. He has a wonderful laugh...he has an awesome sense of humor and such a kind heart. He is such a hard worker and good provider for our family. I am blessed, truly blessed. As I hear him breathing as he sleeps behind me right now...I smile. A smile of thanksgiving, peace and joy.

And before I go....I want to add....if you are here visiting and your marriage has seen more bad days than good...or if your marriage has ended and your heart is broken...the ultimate Healer can make each day good again. He can do ALL things and loves you...He cares about you and the pain you are going through.
Marriages are under attack...and it breaks my heart. Seeing those around me heading for divorce or hurting literally makes me cry. I have a very "fix it" type of attitude about me. I just want to fix it all. Unfortunately...I have no power to do so....but I can and *do* pray....so if you need prayer...please email me (my email is on the left sidebar).
I believe God is saddened at each divorce that happens. (I know sometimes it just can't be helped due to certain circumstances) But isn't it wonderful to know that He still loves you and wants to heal your heart? Just keep your eyes on Him and He will be the light to your path!

25 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both, what a cute couple you are:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Chris & Katy.

    I am totally with you on knowing who is the "one". That was the exact way with Gary & I. We've just hit 18 yrs this year and I know that you guy will just grow stronger with each other in the years to come.

    You know, I don't actually need to meet Chris in person, because I feel I already know him, through you Katy. I love the fact that he is so much a family man and my favourite pictures you have posted are the ones of Chris and the kids all sitting together in his chair. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very sweet post, Katy! What a blessing a good marriage is! I wish y'all umpteen billion more years together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Katy, you are such a beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!
    This post made me FEEL the love you have for eachother..something I always see throughout your blog. Congratulations on 9 happy years; Cheers to many, many more. You have a beautiful family and a blessed life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy anniversary - i'm glad you're so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversery!
    You only have one chance to find your soul mate...looks like you hit the jackpot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary to you both! What a precious post and I can tell it was very heart felt! It blessed me, Katy!

    I know what you mean...a friend called me and told me her husband wanted a divorce and I just burst into tears...couldn't help myself. I want to fix it all too!

    We have a couple of books we're reading (Jason & I) and after I've read them and "make sure" I can recommend them, I'll let you know!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! I wish you many, many more happy years together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! May God bless you with 9 more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary!! It is wonderful to hear how happy you two are together. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is my anonymous comment above. I accidentally clicked on the wrong thing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversay Chris & Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary. Here's to many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a beautiful post. I love to hear women speak highly of their husbands.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katy and Chris~ Happy Anniversary I just love Katy how you talk about your husband what an uplifting heart you have. My husband and I will be celebrating 10 years in November, I know the numbers don't sound that thrilling but in today's society 9 and 10 years is quite a lot.
    Hope you both had a wonderful day and many more ahead of you.
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! We were each 20 years of age when we got married. At the time, we thought we were so grown up but I look back now and we were soooooooo young! This August we made it to 48 years together. BTW, you were a beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to you both! :)

    So fun to read you got married the same age as me.. When I'll be 28, it'll be 9 years for us as well..

    blessings to you all & best wishes for a LOT of more years like these!

    Greetings from the netherlands ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary to you both! What a lovely statement of your wonderful marriage! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Anniversary post touches my heart Katy. It is beautiful to share such a love. Your lovely thoughts and caring words that you always speak of your husband are inspiring and good medicine for the wife after not only her hubby's heart but honoring our wonderful God. My husband and I married on the date he asked me to be his girl friend (2yrs later)We are high school sweet hearts.
    You always say lovingly heart felt things that remind me of our fresh love for one another and the desire I want to keep our love that fresh and alive. I find myself here 19 yrs in November wanting to truly love my husband more with the Agapa love Jesus tells us is God's spirit in us loving. No matter how I feel like I love Him I want to love Him more like Christ. You inspire me to do that. You show that. And Chris certainly seems to be such a God center man, good to his wife, children and family and super hard working. I know what I see is true even if I do not really know you. I am blessed to know share in you lovely wonderful God blessed life. Smiles, Angelia
    I loved the great pictures then and now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Katy, that is beautiful! I was blessed too with a wonderful man whom I adore. It is a true blessing. I can't beleive the way people look at marriage now. It is so sad to see. After reading your post I had tears in my eyes. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes especially as someone very close to me is going through seperation and possibly divorce right now. I wish I could help her believe how much God loves her!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy