Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Amish White Bread

Oh my goodness....this Amish White Bread has been the best bread I have ever made. I was sooo thrilled with how it rose and baked! Some of you who have been reading my blog for a while may remember that I have not always had much luck with bread. I could never get it to rise as much as it should have. But with this recipe.....it did! And it tastes wonderful as well! This will be a common bread made at my home! If you would like the recipe for it...you can go HERE.

For supper tonight I made hamburgers (with fresh ground beef from the meat market) and homemade mac and cheese. The mac and cheese was OK...but not a fave of mine. Chris ate seconds of it though :). I used THIS recipe...but will try a different one next time. :)

Things have been pretty busy here, as usual. Lots going on and fall is definitely setting in~woohoo! :) *Can you tell I love Autumn?* To list all the things going on would take me forever...so I will save you from reading all of that and me from typing it... ;).

Hope you are smiling right now and enjoying your week. We're hoping to be making cider on Sunday, for my inlaws' upcoming fall festival. I will be sure to share pics and hopefully wonderful things about that day! :)

I want to encourage you to remember how much our Creator loves you. How much He desires for you to live a holy and blameless life. All those things you hold on to can be forgiven. All those you *need* to forgive...do so and let it go....even if it feels like you can't, that it is too painful....there is peace in forgiveness.
Christ died for all those who choose to walk with Him. Anyone can make that decision...a life of love and peace. It doesn't mean you will be without trials...but it *does* mean that you no longer have to live through those trials alone. The One who created the heavens, the stars, the planets....the galaxies...He who knows all and has intelligence that we can't even comprehend....that *One* loves you. That love is stronger than anything we could ever imagine. I find such wonderful joy and peace in that.
Have you ever watched God of Wonders? It played on our local Christian TV station a week or two ago...and my family sat and watched it. If you go to the link...there is a place where you can watch the trailer for it. As I watched that movie...I was just in awe. The earth declares our Creator's magnificence. I pray you have peace and live each day...for Him.

Psalm 15

A psalm of David.
1 LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary?
Who may live on your holy hill?

2 He whose walk is blameless
and who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from his heart

3 and has no slander on his tongue,
who does his neighbor no wrong
and casts no slur on his fellowman,

4 who despises a vile man
but honors those who fear the LORD,
who keeps his oath
even when it hurts,

5 who lends his money without usury
and does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things
will never be shaken.


Thank you so much for coming by. If you try the recipes, I would love to hear how they turn out for you! :) Warm wishes for a wonderful rest of your week!

14 comments:

  1. mmm i love amish bread and ive had the mac roni cheese before too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making the Amish Bread..I love to bake and am well...yeast challenged, that is, if it involves yeast I can't get it to come out right. However, I made the Amish bread and I was SO proud!
    Btw thanks,for the reminder of Christs love. I needed that today!
    Have a God day,
    Tanna
    tannasplace@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh but that bread sure does look good and your dinner sounded delicious..
    I just posted a recipe for a biscuit dough that can be left in the fridge.. you might want to give them a try too...
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bread looks so yummy :)

    The boys are on two weeks holidays from Fri so they are going to start their letters. They can't wait even though Cam is worried how Jaxson will understand his letter "cause I can't write yet mommy" hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bread looks fabulous!!
    Blessings, Fine Linen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy,
    Thanks again for your very encouraging words!!! And also thank you SO,SO, MUCH for posting about that movie!!! That whole site is really awesome!! Unfortunatly t.v. is a big part of our lives.Now,I have a resource that I can go to to get movies that will benifite my kids and their spiritual growth!!
    Also,that bread looks wonderful!!
    Have a blesed day!!!
    Love and blessings,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm you always have such wonderful looking yummies. I put a sweet post on my blog I think you will like so come by and read it.
    http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
    Blessings,Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feedjit says I'm 'arriving from Houston.' That's 2 hours away from where I live. Anyway, the bread turned out wonderfully!! I bet you are super excited about it. I have an amish cookbook, if I haven't sent the second copy to you already I'll try to send it soon with a letter. Things have been hectic around here lately but I'm still smiling and enjoying the day. :) Have a good one. TTYL

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Amish bread looks great! I have never made any before. Do you think it would work ok to make it in a bread maker, or does it specifically needing to be made by hand?

    Blessings,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all of your bread recipes. So far we've tried the pretzels twice, the 5 minute a day bread once and we are making pizza with it tonight. Now I'll have to give this a try too! My husband jumped off the couch and hopped over to the computer when I said you had an Amish bread recipe LOL.
    Keep the delicious recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Ms. Katie :)
    There's nothing like the smell and taste of homemade bread, is there? I find the process of bread making comforting to my soul... must be a homemaker thing!
    Thanks for your wonderful reminder of God's love :)
    I LOVE Autumn too ~ my fav!!! Can't wait for the cool weather & colors to hit here.
    Hugz,
    CathyJean:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for posting that last paragraph. I really needed to read that. God continue to bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am glad i came by..I needed to read this post very much...
    thank you,

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy