Saturday, September 12, 2009

For man, autumn is a time of harvest...

...of gathering together. For nature it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.
~Edwin Way Teale

This morning, Chris, the boys and I worked at stacking wood. (Madelyn got to have a turn sleeping over at my mom's house. Each of the kids, and my parents too, cherish that time they get to spend together!)
The top is the *finished* pic...below are pics of my *boys* all working. Of course, we aren't truly *finished* yet...there's lots more to go to prepare for the brisk winter ahead. Actually, as I type...Chris, with the help of his brother, is cutting down another tree.

It's a lot of work...but so nice to work together as a family. If Madelyn had been home at the time, I know she would have been right in there too! :)

The pile of wood to the right in the pic above is gone now....all split and stacked!

Chris worked so hard. I guess I should say *works* in the present tense. How he gets that wood to split, I just don't know. I tried again today and *still* couldn't manage to split a log! So I kept to stacking. And no, there are no pics of me on here...I didn't think sharing pics of me in my old tshirt and hair wrapped in a tight bun were things to be showing on here. haha! ;)

Last night, for supper, I made spaghetti and meatballs with homemade bread and caesar salad...YUM! After I finished cleaning up supper and doing the dishes...I walked in and saw my 3 boys sitting together....too sweet...so I retreated to get my camera. I love moments like this!

Yesterday was a complete day of remembrance for me and most of the country as we thought of all those we lost 8 years ago. That was one of the scariest days of my life...Madelyn was just a couple months old and I was so afraid of what was happening around us....especially when the plane came down in PA. My heart still goes out to all those who lost loved ones that horrible day!

Today...after stacking wood, making lunch, and spending some time reading my Bible...I watched the 9/12 Tea Party coverage on Fox News! The people uniting together for freedom and our rights and standing up for what this nation stands for! It was amazing...tens of thousands of people at our nation's capital. If you didn't watch it or couldn't attend..you can see it all HERE. Awesome! I want to see us as truly One Nation, Under God again. Free...but united. :)

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I hope you each are well and having an enjoyable weekend!


10 comments:

  1. sweet pictures, Katy! I love stacked wood, even though down here I don't "need" a fire in the fireplace; it's still nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wonderful pics of boys & Chris working & sitting relax. Sweet pics! Your dinner sounds good. Yummy! ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet little boys! Love that they were hanging out with Dad all day--warms the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures of your boys! I just love a Daddy that has tender moments with his kids. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good day! I love days when we all work together to accomplish something and we all relax together at the end. The photo of your guys is sweet!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katy, I am a new reader to your site. I loved your pics and reading about your wonderful family! Hope it's ok to add you to my favorite reads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes me miss my fireplace. :(

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katy! I apologize for hardly ever leaving a comment or even taking the time to tell you how nice everything looks! You have a beautiful home, beautiful family, and plain and simply... a beautiful life! I enjoy reading your posts and often relate to them Oh so much! Keep up the hard work..you are amazing!

    PS - you have inspired me to look into buying the necessities to began canning next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katy!

    We're moving to the country in 2 weeks. We'll be trying to gather up wood for the woodstove, too. First, there's a whole lot of sorting and packing to do!

    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe ya'll (that's what we say down here in the South) will stay warm this winter. That looks like a lot of hard work.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy