Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Making Apple Cider


Sunday afternoon, after church....we all headed to my inlaws' meat market and started making cider for the fall festival they are having this Saturday! I tried to snap some pics in when I could...but for the most part...we all were sticky from the cider! :) Above is a pic of my sister in law's (who is married to Chris's brother) dad and Jaxson. :)

Below a pic of Chris and our brother in law, Dan making the cider. They were working really hard! There were others who helped who aren't pictured, also.


The kids helped some too! Madelyn and my nephew are here, helping to put the cider into the jugs. It's quite a process...from the *smooshing* of the apples, to straining all the juice a few times and then filling the containers, wiping the containers and then putting them all in the cooler.


After helping a bit...the kids were soon off to playing. They rode bikes, played with cars and just had a fun time together!

Xavier, enjoying some cider!

The guys, again, *smooshing* the apples... ;)

YUM, and a pic of the fresh juice being squeezed from the apples....

We have a good amount to sell at the festival on Saturday. It will be a long day. We are praying for good weather! I will probably be the *cashier*...when people come and buy chicken dinners, or hot chocolate or hotdogs or cider etc....I will be the money collector/change maker. :) We have been doing this for....hmmm...5 years now..? *I think* and each year, we all learn to make improvements about things and also where we are best suited to help. :) I'm really looking forward to it! :)

And...just a quick picture...my kiddos rode in a local parade on Saturday with our church. The parade was celebrating our local firemen's 100 year anniversary! Our church put this float in and the kids sang and had a good time! :)

Wishing you all a cozy and enjoyable day ahead. :) Thanks so much for visiting! :) I hope you enjoyed seeing the cider making!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE apple cider. Your fall festival sounds like fun. Is your family in charge of the whole festival? That would be a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can smell the cider!! We used to go to the cider mills back home and it was always my favorite fall time activity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 yrs of the fest....

    wouldn't it be PRESSING the apples... not "smooshing"??? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love apple cider. I wish I could taste yours. Your kids looks great & tired. Where's you? LOL ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great experience for your children! I wish we could stop by to visit your festival. Going to a fall festival is one of our favorite things to do.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So neat seeing the 'process.'

    Got some cute boys there in overalls. Maddy is such a pretty young lady.

    Glad everyone is doing well.
    I'm goin' by the post office today to mail you that cookbook I told ya about. TTYL

    ReplyDelete
  7. smooshing... is that a technical term? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this time of year for your posts. I always look forward to the mention of apple cider cause I know good photos are coming our way :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your family do the neatest things together! I'd love to have a big fresh jug of that cider! BUT tooooo far to get any Hugs, Ang

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy