Monday, July 20, 2009

A Smile Increases Your Face Value!

Friday night...we went down to the Teen Center to watch our church's youth pastor's band play! They do such a fantastic job and have such a heart for God! They play alot of praise and worship that we all could sing along with! :)

The kids had fun watching, singing, dancing etc. Notice how sweaty Jaxson is below? Hehe....

And Madelyn had a good time....her and her cheesy smile..lol....

Unfortunately...our yard sale at my mom's was rained out on Friday and Saturday....so we will have another yard sale in a few weeks....this time here at my house which is on the other side of town! :)

Yesterday...after a nice time at church, then home for egg salad sandwiches for lunch, then a nap....we went to the horse pulls at our local county fair! Admission was free that night....so it was nice to be able to go without paying an arm and a leg! haha!


The horses were absolutely beautiful and amazing!

The boys had fun watching and enjoying some lemonade! Yum!


Miss Madelyn....look how long her hair is getting!!! I love it!

Yesterday was also my parents' 29th wedding anniversary!! :) They spent the evening with all of us at the fair! After the horse pulls...we went to all the animal barns and checked out the horses, pigs, sheep, goats, bunnies, chickens and cows! There was once sweet little dwarf goat...oh my goodness....soooooo cute...I tried to convince Chris I *needed* a sweet little dwarf goat...but he didn't budge.

Today will I will be focusing on cleaning....I have lots of laundry to do and other cleaning around my home that needs done! :) Tonight...at the county fair....is the demo derby. My kids absolutely *love* the demo derby...and my parents are going to take them! :) I know they will have such a blast....although at the moment...Madelyn says she isn't feeling too well...so we will see how she feels later.

Well...I could probably sit and type a book for you all to read right now...lol...but I need to go. Putting off my cleaning isn't helping me any! ;o) Plus I have chickens to feed and eggs to wash!!! Always lots to do! :) Hope you all have a fantastic start to your week and thanks so much for dropping by!

11 comments:

  1. Your life looks like such fun. I just love reading about the fair and farm events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Looks like fun to go to. Now you got me craving for egg salad sandwich. I'm off to make one. LOL Those kids are adorable. Mike just cut girls' hair the other day (in my blog) & I miss their long hair. Boohoo!! Sorry that your weekend was rain out. ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend. Sorry that your yard sale was rained out, but hopefully it will do great next time.
    I hope Maddie feels much better and can go to with your parents this afternoon.
    And I hope your cleaning goes quickly and that you still have plenty of the day left to relax and enjoy.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds like you and your family had a great weekend. Sorry the yard sale was rained out. I sure do wish we had some of that rain here. Don't work too hard and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy,

    I love all those family times ya'll had! Great pics! I love Madelyn's curly hair...it's so pretty!

    When will ya'll start back homeschooling?

    Have a great week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to your parents!! That is so wonderful!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  7. The horse pull is one of my favorite things at the fair, beside the food and 4H exhibit. Our fair starts this week and we plan to go on Saturday afternoon.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun way to spend the day. Your kids are darling, Katy. Have a super day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think both you & Chris show a shining example for your kiddos.

    Every time I see photos you guys are always smiling so of course, your kiddies have great big smile too.

    I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun, busy weekend! I was wondering how your garage sale turned out since it was so rainy Friday and Saturday. Saturday morning started out decent, but boy did it get cool! What a weird summer we've been having!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures!

    Now I also want some egg salad sandwich. I haven't had some in forever!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy