Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"The Earth laughs in flowers."....

The title of this post is a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson. Isn't it so true? I totally wish I could have fresh cut flowers on my table all the time! Each one a beautiful color and scent....they just make the room come alive! These flowers are from Madelyn's birthday tea party...last Monday! They are still doing soooo well! I am completely loving every second they can decorate my home!

But there is something even better than those beautiful flowers I have pictured above.....that is homemade flowers! In the pic below....these are *roses* sweetly thought up and made by Madelyn :). Aren't they great? I was so thrilled when she gave me one. (The pink one she graciously gave to *me*!)

What a desolate place would be a world without a flower!
It would be a face without a smile, a feast without a welcome.
Are not flowers the stars of the earth, and are not our starts
the flowers of the heaven.
- A.J. Balfour

Pictured above are new additions to behind my stove (as you can see in the pic below as well). The plate I got at a yard sale for $1. And the teapot is a gift from my mom and also is the teapot we used at Madelyn's tea party. :)

And a pic of the other side of my stove...just for fun.....

Today was grocery day. I have decided to buckle down and start eating right. Time to get extra weight off...and also time to realize that overeating and eating the wrong things is just as bad as smoking or drinking too much. It makes you unhealthy and is truly not the way I want things. I have eaten so well today and plan to continue to for the rest of my life. :)

This evening after supper was cleaned up...we went down to weed at the garden with my mother in law! And guess what? We had a bunch of green beans ready (which we weren't expecting)! So we picked them and my MIL let me have them...I will cook them up for supper the next couple nights! They will be fantastic!!! Yippee!!! I also plan on making some grape jelly tomorrow! A full but fun and enjoyable day planned for tomorrow...home with my kids <3 and working on things I enjoy!!! :)
I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow!!! I am so thankful you stopped by. It means so much that people (many of which don't even know me) stop by to read and sometimes even comment. :) Happy Thursday!!!

15 comments:

  1. I get so inspired by your decorating! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE UR THEM FLOWERS AN YOUR DECORATIONG. COME DECORATE MY HOUSE LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will do GREAT eating healthy! do you have the Encyclopedia of Country living? there are some good healthy recipes in there... i want to try the Cracker recipe. if you buy crackers at the store--there are a ton of added ingredients. but if you can make your own... you know whats going into your mouth!

    we had some fresh green beans the other night for dinner... i still haven't found the best way to cook them. steaming was OK... but a little bland! if you cook them a certain way- you'll have to let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are beautiful on your table, and the roses are awesome...I can almost smell them from here:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are so sweet. I love garden fresh green beans. Our plants just started producing this week also. I just need to get out to the garden to pick them now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true about the flowers. How creative of Madelyn to make roses out of tissue paper! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fresh green beans is my favorite veggie! I have had the pleasure of two messes thanks to mom. Mine are blooming, so hopefully soon there will be enough to can.

    Enjoy your day, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the teapot. And steal of a deal for the new plate.

    I wish I could have some of that grape jelly! Grape and Apple are my favorite jelly flavors. Yum Yum Yummy.

    Darn, why don't you live closer!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes and Maddy did a GREAT job on the flowers. So thoughful and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. did you change your background AGAIN!? lol

    -Nen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pictures. Everything looks great! I love that red.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that teapot Katy!!
    i also feel the same way you do about fresh flowers,and the ones you have are really beautiful!
    I am also thrilled that you made a decision to start eating healthier!I know how hard it is,but all things are possible through Christ who strengthens us!I`ll be praying for you!!Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am like you, I would love fresh flowers in the house all the time. My DH likes the flowers growing naturally in the yard and not pick them, but he did pick me a few for our 4th of July table. They lasted a while and he even commented on how pretty they were. Tell Madelyn that her roses are beautiful. That was so sweet and thoughtful of her. Have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful little treasure you have there..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Y'all's red kitchen always looks so cheery and fresh!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy