Saturday, July 25, 2009

Musings of a sick mama......

You may be wondering "Why oh why is Katy changing this blog so often?"...well...although I do love to be creative and this is one way for me to do it...honestly...lately, I have been trying to remove things that could be causing that horrible spam thing that kept coming up for me. I was trying to take things out to see if they were the spammer. Then as I got to changing...I had to make things look "right". I just can't stand the spam that was coming up on my blog! That's awfully sneaky and malicious of a company to do that...don't you think? I have tried and tried and still...just can't figure out what is doing that to my site. I am so bummed. If anyone has any ideas....please share with me...I would love to figure this out!





In other news...I have been sick the past couple of days. I thought it was strep...(and it is hard for me to believe it isn't..as my throat is still sooo full and hurting so much)..but I went to my doctor yesterday afternoon and they did a culture and said it wasn't strep. It must just be a virus. I had (not sure if I still have it or not) a fever. I have been fighting body aches and a headache all yesterday and through the night. Luckily...those seem to be gone. Now I am just dealing with a sore throat and tired body...trying to heal itself from a stinker of a virus. I think it was the same one the kids had previously. I just need to heal quickly...as our VBS sports camp starts tomorrow evening! (I am the cheerleading coach for it!).


I am so blessed for my mom though....she kept the kids for me yesterday when I went to the dr and while Chris was at work. Then she took them to her house so I could rest and Chris picked them up later. Then this evening...her and my dad took them to the local fair where there is a rodeo going on this evening. I wish I could have gone..it sounds like a good time. Chris has started feeling a bit icky too....I am hoping he doesn't have this virus...but there is a good chance he does. I guess we will see.

Oh...on a good note....today is day 4 of me eating healthier and all is going well! :) Even being sick...I have made good decisions on what I have eaten!!! Woohoo! I am totally thankful that through prayer...I have the strength to do this...to God be all the glory! ;o)

15 comments:

  1. I know you will be better soon. That rodeo did sound like fun. Sorry you missed it. Parents are wonderful, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had come back to your blog to see by chance if you had felt like posting. I was worried about you. There is a lot of the Swine Flu, or whatever you want to call it, around our state. There have been two deaths in the next county. You are so fortunate to have your mom and dad to help you. I love the look of your blog tonight. I have to be honest, I didn't like it this morning--it just was not you, not vibrant and cheery. I am wanting to change mine the end of this month and use some backgrounds I had for my website but I am so afraid I will mess up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...I hope you and your blog feel better soon. I too had some issues and I thought it was coming from my friendship list. I took it off for a bit and now its doing ok. Hope you find the problem soon. Take care and get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling tip-top again quickly. I hope Chris doesn't come down with this virus either.

    Do you save you html codes for your blog?
    If yes, maybe restore a previous pre-spam set of codes to see if its fixed.

    Glad your mom and dad have been able to have the kids for you for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you start feeling poorly after you started eating better? If so sometimes when you start putting healthy things inside, the toxins start coming out. Many times it comes out in the form of illness. Odd huh. Your body goes through culture shock. Anyway I hope you feel better soon and keep up the good work with eating healthy. Don't let any road bumps through you off track!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. Your parents are so sweet to do this for you. Sorry that you miss out Rodeo. Hope you get this straight out with spam. ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't had any ads or pop ups on your blog so it must be on your end.
    Apparently some web site has dropped a malware thing onto your computer.. try running a virus scan and see if it finds anything.
    I don't know what browser your using but if you're using Internet Explorer then I suggest you go download the free firefox browser version 3.5
    It's faster then Internet Explorer and is wonderful about stopping malware in its tracks.
    That's what I use and it's fabulous.
    Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are feeling better today.

    About the pop-up, it hasn't happened to me the last couple of times I visited you. So I am hoping that you have tackled that beast! LOL!

    Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear your not feeling well, I hope you'll be back and going soon.

    Blessings, Fine Linen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feel better Katy, I'm going through something similar, started with headaches for me and then my throat, it is SO sore. Ugh!

    Hope you have a good day and get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick. Sore throats are sooo miserable, especially when accompanied by fevers! I just said a prayer for you...hope you get to feeling better for VBS! Take good care of yourself, and stay hydrated...those fevers can be even worse when you are dehydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Katybear. Sorry you're not feeling well. Wishing you well.

    I like the hearts on your blog. Super cute.

    I said I'd have a letter out the other day but I figured I'd wait and tell you about my girls night in I had last night. :) It'll be on it's way Monday morning. TTYL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw...hope you feel better soon Katy.
    For the record...my pediatrician says that when the terribly sore throat IS accompanied by fever...it is usually NOT Strep....it's when the terribly sore throat ISN'T accompanied by fever that Strep is usually there...Strep will also often have a stomach ache with it believe it or not:)
    Sorry about that spam stuff...what seems to be popping up?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope that you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear you are sick :(
    Hope you are feeling better real soon!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy