Friday, January 1, 2016

*Happy New Year* ~ 2016!

A gift my Mother-in-Love made for me! 

Happy New Year! I can hardly believe it is 2016! Last evening (New Year's Eve) we spent a few hours at the home of friends of ours. It was a wonderful time of fun, food, laughter and fellowship with many brothers and sisters in Christ! We came home around 10pm and after staying up until midnight...I drug myself to bed (I wanted to hit those cozy linens earlier but Chris and the children encouraged me to stay up). 

I fell asleep and stayed asleep until 5am. I awoke to find Stella and Winnie (our cats) in hot pursuit of a mouse (in the hall and upstairs bathroom)! I didn't have my glasses on but I saw the little rodent scurry by and the cats, Winnie especially, were trying hard to get him. I woke Chris and asked him if he wanted to get up and capture it but he said he was so tired...just to let the cats get it! ha! Unfortunately, the girls left no prize for us when we awoke later in the morning....so I am afraid the mouse got away. It was *hopefully* scared enough to never come back! :) I don't get overly upset about a mouse in the house...don't get me wrong, I don't *want* them in the house...but I don't scream or panic. Knowing my cats are good mousers makes me feel at ease though! 

Today has been pretty slow going. The weather is cold and gray with a little snow. I have worked on typing up our church worship guide, making stickers, doing laundry and dishes and even got a nap! It feels like Saturday and I feel so discombobulated that it is only Friday! Do you feel similarly? 

I am back to watching my calories faithfully again and logging my food intake into myfitnesspal.com. It is the *only* way I can be aware of what is going in my body and to be mindful of it. I participate in a weight loss competition at our Y each year and this year will be no different! I am ready to weigh-in on Monday morning! I am still teaching spin class and plan to begin running more! 

So, that was just a bit of a quick check-in. I hadn't actually planned on blogging today but then I realized I needed to post a little *hello* as it has been a few days since I last posted! I have just been busy with home improvement projects (organizing, cleaning, painting etc.) plus the normal busyness of life. We have our last Christmas get-together tomorrow with family and then things will start to go back to normal. We took this past week off from homeschooling but will get back-to-it on Monday. 

I hope you were able to enjoy bringing in the new year! 2016 ~ wow! It'll take a bit of getting used to when writing that on papers/checks and the like! Oh..and I just remembered I have filing to do of the last of our 2015 bill stubs and papers! You can see how I do that HERE

Happy First Day of 2016! Looking forward to posting more throughout the year, Lord willing! Thanks so much for dropping by for a visit! I always love to read your comments and emails!

Warmly,
Katy

The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!"
~ Lamentations 3:22-24 

6 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family,

    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Katy, and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year to you and your family! Love the gift you got its so pretty. I pray you all have a very blessed year ahead. Blessings joann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Katy! How quickly the time passes. I remember when everyone was afraid that rolling over from 1999 to 2000 would foul things up in the world due to computers not recognising the switch. Too funny! And that was sixteen years ago!! Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year- look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy