Saturday, January 23, 2016

House Renovation Progress!


The sounds of screw guns, circular saws, and hammers are ringing throughout my home. It is *quite* glorious! I am so elated over the progress in our addition that I'm almost giddy! Chris, our BIL Dan, and Xavier have built a wall between the laundry room and the entry way and have been working on my closets (yes, plural! One will be a coat closet and the other a cleaning closet! Eureka!).



Xavier has been learning a lot. It has been great for him. Plus, he *loves* doing things with the men-folk! :)


This will finish up the framework stuff....Chris will do a little more wiring and the plumbing (for the washer and a utility sink to go in the laundry room) and then finish insulating the walls. From there, drywall will go up...then mudding/sanding, flooring, painting and then MOVE IN! Oh my, oh my! It is all just so exciting. :)


For previous links on what has been happening in our addition...go HERE and HERE!

I really appreciate you all sharing in my excitement with me. I know it's not as exciting to those who don't live here...but after 12 years of *almost* patiently waiting...it's finally happening. To see each step come along and get us closer to living in and using these areas is just mind-boggling to me!

So that's what's been happening here! Although I am not much help in the building part of it all, I do make sure the  men are well fed (grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with homemade fries for lunch ~ when while baking my Pampered Chef Stone Cookie Sheet *broke* in half! Can you believe that? It was crazy! Thankfully, we were able to salvage half the fries before they all fell! Whew!). When it is time to paint, do curtains and get everything situated in the rooms ~ that will be my domain! :) Until then, I just watch in awe!

Have a great rest of the weekend! Thanks for visiting!
Warmly,
Katy

13 comments:

  1. It sure is great to see walls going up. I'm so happy for you and your family. Blessings joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy so exciting and yes it's exciting to read about your new renovations it's fun seeing your daily life and all the changes.....you sure have waited a long time for it....can't wait to see how you decorate it.....as for the pampered chef stone save the two pieces contact them they will replace for free they may want you to send them the two pieces.....but they are guaranteed, it happened to me and I got a brand new one...;)

    Good luck.....

    Blessings
    ~Rhonda~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure is looking great ~ Awesome job fellas!! I'm anxious to see how you'll decorate these areas Katy. (:
    How did you all fare with the snow storm? Stay warm!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thrilled for you!! I know what you are feeling, it will all come together so quick :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy I have shown my husband the photos of your extension. This is my husbands trade, he plasterboards and then skims (plasters) ceilings and walls. He plasters ceilings and walls as smooth as glass. Louie has explained to me what Christopher is doing, you are what we call dry lining, boarding, taping, sanding and then painting. Its so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooray! my girls will be confused next time we come over!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow looks like a huge job. I am so happy for you. Wish it were me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Katy, I know exactly what your excitement feels like! We have lived in our "never ending project" home for nine years and we are finally making some cosmetic improvements and I am over the moon, with it all! I will look forward to seeing the finish product and how you decorate!

    GraCE & Peace

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very happy for you getting this done!

    I don't know about your cookie sheet, I always thought Papered Chef were excellent products.
    I believe they are now manufactured in China, I'm not certain about that, but I no longer buy products that made there.
    The PC stones I have , I had had for several years, and I have never had any problem with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray for progress! Its so fun when walls go up!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Katy,

    I am so excited for you and your family!!!! I am excited to read this journey of you all. I love my Pampered Chef stone I would have cried. *Smiles* I have had mine for 13 years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such exciting things going on at your home. I hope we can build on some thing summer if we don't get the home we want.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Katy,

    Thanks for the update. Taking this renovation journey with you is so much fun.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy