Sunday, January 31, 2016

Good-Bye January 2016!

Can you believe we are saying good-bye to January 2016? Really thinking about it makes my head spin! I am looking forward to February though...and I love when it is a leap year. That extra day just makes me smile! 

Here are just a few pictures from the past couple weeks...

A family favorite supper (hamburger stroganoff over homemade noodles)...




If we go out anywhere (to family or friend's homes) I always pack my own food. I love my lunch bag...it is such a great size (and pretty too!)...This day, we were getting ready to go to sweet friends' of ours home. I took some of my canned green beans to heat up there to add to supper. While there, we played Bible Mad Gab ~ oh my! That is a *fun* game! I highly recommend it! :)


Remember that Pampered Chef stone I had posted about HERE (that broke while baking food in the oven)? Here it is...


The children wanted to learn how to play some different card games, so after dinner one evening, daddy taught them...



Jaxson being goofy...


Pa (Chris's dad) came over for a bit and joined in the games...



We have been keeping busy here at home....homeschooling, housework, running errands, and the like. Yesterday, I went to my sister's to help out a bit by watching the girls so she could get some things done. Her father-in-law is dying. It is a very sad time for their family. She was putting pictures together to be able to set up at his memorial service. I love to look at old pictures...but under these circumstances it is difficult. We are praying for all of them. If the Lord brings them to mind, I hope you will pray for them as well. Strength and comfort are truly needed right now!

The addition to our house is still being worked on by Chris and our BIL Dan (when time allows). I will be sure to share updated pictures when I can. They were working on wiring and some plumbing (for the washer and dryer) so those sort of pictures aren't very interesting! Next, the rest of the drywall goes up in the laundry room and entryway....then mud, sand, flooring and PAINT!!! Oh my, we are getting so close and I am just over-the-moon excited about it! I'm a little nervous though...I need to pick paint colors and figure out what sort of curtains I want to do....and my mind is blank! I suppose I should put pinterest to good use and get some ideas swirling around in my head! :)

I hope you are closing out your January with joy! As always, I so appreciate your comments and emails. Thanks for taking the time to visit! Have a wonderful Lord's Day and week ahead!

Warmly,
Katy

5 comments:

  1. I can't beleive that January is ending. It has gone by super fast! Have you checked to see if Pampered Chef will replace your stone? I don't know much about their product guarantee. Game nights are always fun! The latest craze around here is Monopoly.I am sorry to hear about Devons family. Certainly lifting them up in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It almost seems impossible for January to already be over. Time sure seems to fly lately. The weather here was in the 50's today and that has certainly made it not seem like Jan. Those green beans and stroganoff sure looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, I always dread January,mainly because it seems such a long month even though is like some others. I guess it is because I am not a winter girl.. I have heard of other pampered chef stones cracking like yours did too, not sure why or if it was replaceable. Oh yes, Prayers will be said for the family.. such a hard thing to go thru. You food photos look awesome and homemade noodles YUM... I love you sharing your excitement with your new home additions.. Picking out paint colors is fun too.. But it can also be a hard task to do.. Enjoyed the post.. and Welcome February...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Katy,

    Sounds busy around your home. I will pray for your sister's extended family as they walk through the valley of grief.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  5. This month went by crazy fast. SUPER CRAZY FAST! Your home look so cozy. Noodles look great too. I hope you have a great February ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy